Karan Johar hates me: Suresh MenonJuly 22nd, 2010 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) Comedian Suresh Menon, who is known for imitating Bollywood bigwigs, says that some of his acts might have offended Karan Johar and the filmmaker hates him for that.
“I don’t imitate Karan Johar. But apparently he hates me and had once even said this on a radio station. He feels I have made a career out of imitating people but Karan should understand that imitation is the best form of flattery,” Suresh told IANS.
Clarifying his stance on imitating Karan, Suresh said: “I can’t imitate him. It is the mimicry of a person called Ojas Rajani, who used to be a dress designer and has now become a make-up artist. Coincidently his voice resembles Karan’s and everybody thinks it is him.”
Suresh says he has known Karan since the shooting of “Dil to Pagal Hai” and they shared a good bond.
“We were a nice group, Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Chopra, me and Karan. A lot of laughter and happiness used to happen on the sets,” Suresh, who was present at the launch of Sir Adhikari Brothers’ new channel Mastiii, added.
The comedian insists he likes imitating people but doesn’t do it with the intention of hurting someone’s feelings.
“I can crack jokes, mean jokes but not with the intention of hurting anyone. I can crack jokes as long as I know that people will accept it. If I feel it is going to hurt someone, I just leave it,” he added.
Suresh started his film career in 1997 with “Dil To Pagal Hai”. He has done films like “Dewane Hue Pagal” (2005), “Phir Hera Pheri” (2006), “Krazzy 4″ (2007), and “Partner” (2007), among others. Apart from acting in films, he has acted in television and has also hosted a number of radio shows.
He admits that the road to success was not an easy one.
“I have had my fair share of struggle. When I used to go out to find work and return empty-handed, my parents used to ask if I was successful or not. That sad look on their face used to hurt me terribly. And now when I have made a place for myself, unfortunately, they are not alive to see my success,” he says.
“I would consider my talent as a gift from god. It’s by god’s grace that I have the caliber to make people laugh and would like to keep my talent very safely with me,” he added.
Suresh’s future projects include the sequel of “Tom Dick and Harry”, Shah Rukh Khan’s production venture “Ra.One”, director Anees Bazmee’s “No Problem” and Sunil Shetty’s production “Mumbai ChakaChak” starring Rahul Bose and Mandira Bedi among others.
- Shah Rukh denies tiff with Juhi - Feb 14, 2012
- Manish Paul's forte - making sense out of nonsense (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- I'm starting my own production house: Suresh Menon - May 26, 2010
- Karan Johar chooses his directors on instinct - Jan 28, 2012
- Kareena, Imran pairing USP of 'Ek Main...': Karan - Dec 15, 2011
- SRK itching to do romantic film - Sep 23, 2011
- Mom, you are a star!, Madhuri's kids realize - Feb 13, 2011
- B-Town excited about Karan Johar's birthday bash - May 23, 2012
- Don't want to only do remakes: Hrithik Roshan - Jan 13, 2012
- Karan Johar propels newcomers into showbiz - Dec 29, 2011
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- I have tasted blood, now don't know what next: Karan Johar - Jan 28, 2012
- Why is Karan upset with the Khans? - Sep 06, 2012
- Shah Rukh's likes to endorse brands 'responsibly' - Feb 20, 2012
- Johar recalls 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' premiere (Movie Snippets) - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: adhikari, aditya, bigwigs, comedian, dil to pagal hai, dress designer, fair share, film career, filmmaker, form of flattery, hue, imitation is the best form of flattery, johar, launch, mimicry, New Delhi, phir hera pheri, radio station, rajani, shah rukh khan