Kapoors bond over moviesMay 30th, 2009 - 10:30 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
Ranbir Kapoor is signing some plum projects, Rishi Kapoor is enjoying his new innings in front of the camera while Neetu Kapoor too is eyeing a big screen comeback. A happy situation indeed for Kapoors who come with decades of experience in movie making and are expected to be the torch bearers of Bollywood for many more decades to come.
In a candid conversation, the lady of the house - Neetu Kapoor - divulges that the family has been sharing a healthy interaction over the years when it comes to Bollywood since it has been a part of their blood for generations.
“We do talk about movies most of the time and over the years whenever a film has released, regardless of which actor stars in it, we have spoken about it”, she reveals, “It could have been a dining table conversation where we would have collectively critiqued a film. It could be positive or constructive talk about a film and along with Ranbir we have got into discussions around the way a particular scene unfolds or an actor performs.”
Talking about looking at a film closely, which performances of Rishi Kapoor would she rate the highest over the years?
“‘Chandni’ and ‘Damini’”, prompt comes the reply, “He has been very good in dozens of films over last 40 odd years but from the recent lot of his films, these two films are closest to my heart. These were difficult roles, especially ‘Damini’ where had such a huge predicament to face. And he played this role to perfection.”
How about her own comeback in Bollywood? Years after her last big film ‘Yaarana’  with Amitabh Bachchan, she would now be seen in ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ along with Rishi Kapoor. What made her take the plunge?
“Frankly, there were offers over the years but we all were so busy in our things”, she smiles, “Then my daughter Riddhima got married while Ranbir too began his acting career. This is when this exciting film ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ came up and I was game for the comeback. The film is a meaningful light hearted entertainer where Rishiji plays a Mathematics teacher while I play his wife and a mother of two grown up kids.”
Directed by Habib Faisal (who makes his debut with the film), ‘Do Dooni Chaar’ would be releasing towards the latter half of 2009.
- We didn't teach acting to Ranbir: Neetu Singh - May 02, 2009
- Spotted: Shashi Tharoor! (IIFA Diary) - Jun 26, 2011
- Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Singh attend 'Do Dooni Chaar' premiere in Mumbai - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Do Dooni Chaar' to open Indian film fest in New York - Apr 13, 2011
- Rishi Kapoor's autobiography to release next year - Sep 02, 2012
- Rishi Kapoor, Arbaaz on cloud nine after national award - May 20, 2011
- Concept will always be key to a good film: Faisal - Jun 04, 2012
- Rishi Kapoor wins best actor award at New York film fest - May 12, 2011
- Rishi Kapoor's First Retrospective (Neetu Can't Come Because Of Ranbir) - Sep 20, 2010
- I've not been recognised as an actor in my own country: Rishi Kapoor - Sep 20, 2010
- Ranbir is ready for direction: Neetu Singh - Oct 04, 2010
- Habib Faisal ecstatic after his film won a national award - May 19, 2011
- Right sync between writer, director vital: Habib Faisal - May 08, 2012
- Ranbir supports girl child empowerment - Jan 07, 2012
- Stars help, but script vital, says 'Do Dooni Chaar' producer - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: acting career, amitabh bachchan, bollywood, candid conversation, chaar, chandni, closest to my heart, damini, dining table, entertai, joginder, lady of the house, plum, plunge, predicament, ranbir kapoor, rishi kapoor, table conversation, torch bearers, two films