Kanye West voted ‘Best Dressed Rapper of all Time’May 1st, 2009 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 01 (ANI): Kanye West has been voted the ‘Best Dressed Rapper of all Time’ in a new magazine poll.
The fashionable hip-hop star, who recently launched his own sneaker designs with Nike and Louis Vuitton, won the title with 77 per cent of the votes, reports the Daily Star.
The Stronger hitmaker has beaten his Roc-A-Fella Records boss Jay-Z to land the Complex magazine honour.
West is pleased to receive the title and has complimented a host of his rap peers for making hip-hop more stylish.
In his note of thanks, West says, “Man, I want to thank everybody. this is a real honour! This whole year has been so overwhelmingly positive?
“It means a lot to be able to get respect from my core and peers even though everybody knows I get a little crazy with the clothes sometimes… It’s nice to read something positive for a change! Pharrell pioneered what I do now. He was the original to break down doors between ?real fashion? and hip hop worlds, doing beats for Noreaga and running around with the model chicks.
“(Rick) Ross gets real fresh. T.I. has a great effortless sense of style. Jay(-Z) has set mad trends and is the Sinatra of our era. Nobody is as fresh as Ralph Luaren (sic) himself, only Andre 3000 and (Fonzworth) Bentley get close but there’s still work to do.
“The uphill battle we have as hip hop artist (sic) is hip hop is rooted in trends. True style and trends very seldomely (sic) meet. That’s why we have a tendency to wear stuff that’s laughable 2 years later. When I see crazy stuff I’ve worn and people laugh at me, all I can do is laugh with you and think, I had fun though. Thanks again, Mr. West,” he added. (ANI)
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Hip hop has become mellow: Jay-Z - Oct 02, 2011
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Jay Electronica Becomes The Latest Member Of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label - Nov 14, 2010
- Jay –Z Taps UK Rap Market With K.Koke For Roc Nation - Jan 18, 2011
- Obama 'listens to hip hop while in the gym', reveals Jay-Z - Feb 19, 2010
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Lil Wayne plans career hiatus - Aug 05, 2012
- Rock, Lawrence want Jay-Z tribute at funeral - Apr 20, 2010
- P. Diddy wants to do more comedy films - Jan 18, 2011
- Chris Brown denies insulting Jay-Z - Dec 01, 2009
- Jay Sean's acting dreams - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: complex magazine, crazy stuff, daily star, fonzworth bentley, hip hop artist, hip hop star, hitmaker, honour, jay z, kanye west, louis vuitton, magazine poll, noreaga, rick ross, roc a fella, roc a fella records, sinatra, sneaker, true style, uphill battle