Kanye West ‘to join fashion school’March 5th, 2011 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 5 (ANI): Rapper Kanye West has apparently applied to study fashion at the Central Saint Martins College in London.
He flew London to meet the head of the course, Louise Wilson.
Wilson’s previous students include the late Alexander McQueen, who was idolised by fashion-obsessed Kanye.
“Kanye spends a lot of time with fashion students and often hooks up with Central’s arty pupils when he is in London,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“The rapper already has work experience with Fendi and Louis Vuitton on his CV.
“Now that he has been interviewed the school’s board will have to decide whether to allow him to start the MA fashion course later this year,” said the source.
“It is a big decision because it would get CSM publicity - but it may also damage the school’s credibility. There are already rumours flying around among current students.
The source added: “They are saying he has been turned down for a place because his portfolio wasn’t up to standard.” (ANI)
- Has Kanye West finally realized he is fashion challenged? - Mar 06, 2011
- Kanye West to launch his clothing line? - Jul 18, 2011
- Kanye West to design scarves - Apr 06, 2011
- Kanye West to launch women's wear line - Sep 15, 2011
- Kanye West plans shoe line with Kim Kardashian - Aug 05, 2012
- West wants to build amusement park - May 30, 2012
- Kanye gives style tips to Kim - May 27, 2012
- West tries music album with animal sounds - Jun 22, 2012
- Louis Vuitton to collaborate with Yayoi Kusama - May 24, 2012
- Marc Jacobs heading for Dior? - Aug 14, 2011
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Marc Jacobs to make film debut - Nov 03, 2011
- Kim Kardashian's sister wants her to date Kanye - Mar 15, 2012
- A British school where pupils speak 31 languages - Jun 09, 2012
- Kardashian spent night with West? - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: alexander, alexander mcqueen, arty, central saint martins college, college in london, credibility, current students, cv, fashion school, fashion students, fendi, kanye west, louis vuitton, louise wilson, publicity, pupils, s board, saint martins college, wilson wilson, work experience