Kanye West and Jay-Z settle their copyright caseMarch 12th, 2012 - 11:04 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) It may be recalled that producer Syl Johnson had filed a lawsuit against rappers Kanye West and Jay-Z over some copyright issues. He had alleged that the rappers had lifted one of his tracks and claimed it as their own. However according to the latest reports, Kanye West and Jay-Z have finally managed to settle the lawsuit.
It may also be recalled that singer Syl had also sued UMG and Def Jam along with Kanye and Jay-Z in October 2011. Syl claimed that all the artists had sampled his song ‘Different Strokes’ in their tracks with out any acknowledgment. He also said that he hadn’t received any sort of credit, neither monetary nor mention on the cover jacket of the CD for his song. Syl had also made it clear in the lawsuit that none of the artists had sought any sort of prior permission from him before using his track on their album.
In the past also, Syl Johnson had filed lawsuits against Michael Jackson and Cypress Hill. However the both the feuding sides amicably settled the issue and Syl dropped the lawsuit.
- MC Hammer Blasts Jay-Z In "Better Run Run" - Nov 02, 2010
- King Hammer retaliates at Jay-Z with his new song 'Better Run Run' - Nov 02, 2010
- Jay Z in copyright lawsuit - Jun 21, 2012
- West tries music album with animal sounds - Jun 22, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow causes racial controversy after tweeting the N-word - Jun 05, 2012
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Kanye West plans two albums by summer - Jan 25, 2011
- Kanye West wants to be godfather of Beyonce's child - Sep 01, 2011
- Jay-Z, Kanye West earn big at birthday gig - Dec 28, 2011
- Rihanna leaves manager Marc Jordan, joins Jay-Z - Oct 21, 2010
- Black Eyed Peas in legal soup over 'I Gotta Feeling', 'Boom Boom Pow' - Oct 30, 2010
- Jay Z working on a solo album - Jul 11, 2011
- Kanye West Tweets About The Release Date Of ‘Watch The Throne’ - Jan 24, 2011
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Beyonce upset with attention seeker Kim Kardashian - Sep 07, 2012