Kanwaljeet Singh takes on his new showMarch 19th, 2009 - 10:18 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Kanwaljeet Singh is one of the few dignified and respected actors in the Indian Industry who have set their establishment quite well till date. Kanwaljeet has done his acting course from Films and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune. He has done a lot of television shows as well as movies and has been appreciated for each quite well. We spoke to this pleasing personality and he shared his views and thoughts and about family with us.
It has been along awaiting 10 years and now he is back with his first love, Star TV, with a new show Sabki Laadli Bebo. What runs in his mind now
“Certainly 10 years have been 10 long years after successfully finishing Saans with Neena Gupta. Now I am back with Star with this new show Sabki Laadli Bebo. I must say that this show is very much different from others. I had received a lot of offers from similar kind of shows but I opted for this one because it was emotionally quite appealing to me which unfortunately the other shows lacked”.
So the story is emotionally catchy and draws the attention of the audience. What about his character in the show
“I play a very important character in this show. I play the character named Kuku Narang. He is a sardar and he loves his family especially his wife. He calls her Sardarni. He is having three sons but he desires a girl child and so the story unfolds here revolving around the daughter and father”.
That is about the show. What about Kanwaljeet’s personal life and his children
“Well I am much of a family types person. I love spending time with my family. I have two sons. Their ages are 14 and 18 respectively. I have adopted an Afghani girl child. Her name is Mariam Singh. She has done her studies from US and now for a week she is in Mumbai. I would like to share this with you that one of my sons composed his first song at the age of 12.”
Does he have a film in his kitty now, or is he concentrating only on shows as of now
“”I’m doing a film with Rajshri films along with Ponam Dhillon. The film is being directed Sooraj Barjatya’s assistant Kavita”.
Kanwaljeet Singh is quite optimistic about the serial and quite happy to play the role of his age.
- Sampurn Media
- Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image) - Aug 06, 2012
- I would love to direct: Kanwaljit Singh - Mar 04, 2010
- I was offered 'saas-bahu' show but declined: Kanwaljit Singh - Mar 25, 2009
- SABKI LAADLI-BEBO Join the Narang family celebrating the birth of their daughter - Mar 19, 2009
- Laadli Bebo and Nanhi Kali joins hands. - Mar 17, 2009
- 'Pavitra Rishta', 'Pratigya', 'Taarak Mehta' lead Apsara awards nomination - Jan 06, 2011
- Shalini Kapoor's casting problems in Sabki Laadli Bebo - Mar 31, 2009
- STAR Plus announces the LAADLI WEEK in association with the Mahindra's Nanhi Kali Project, for educating the underprivileged girl child - Mar 18, 2009
- Smriti of Behenein absent from Star's Holi. Why...? - Feb 26, 2010
- No Bollywood roles for middle aged women: Aruna Irani (Interview) - Nov 08, 2011
- The girl child is precious, empower her: urge celebrities - Apr 12, 2009
- Amy and I? Keep guessing: Prateik - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Heroine' is a beautiful love story: Arjun Rampal - Jan 13, 2012
- Bebo launches new video chat feature to attract users - Dec 08, 2010
- Salman beyond a mentor for me: Arjun Kapoor - May 07, 2012
Tags: 10 years, bebo, daughter and father, first love, ftii, girl child, kanwaljeet, kanwaljeet singh, kitty, mariam, narang, neena gupta, personal life, pleasing personality, rajshri films, saans, sardar, spending time, star tv, television institute