Kannada star Roopa Iyer making film on HIV positive kidsMarch 8th, 2009 - 10:14 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 8 (IANS) Kannada actress and danseuse Roopa Iyer is now wielding the megaphone for a film on the problems faced by children afflicted by HIV or AIDS.
Titled “Mukha Puta”, the film promises to provide a realistic account of the lives of young patients and how they are treated by society.
“The film revolves around HIV-afflicted children and we want to create awareness about this disease. Many misconceived notions about this disease still remain and we have to correct such impressions. I hope this film will change these wrong perceptions,” said Roopa, who has also scripted the film.
Writer and composer Hamsalekha has written the lyrics and given the music for the film. The audio album of “Mukha Puta” was launched here recently and it was a star-studded affair with actors like Raghavendra Raj Kumar, Jaggesh, Prem Kumar, Dharma, Naveen Krishna and Indhoodhar rallying behind the cause. The audio was released by HIV afflicted children.
The actor-director said a lot of preparatory work had gone into the film.
“The film is a mirror to the present day world and everything connected to the film is authentic. I have done a lot of research and consultations before writing the script of the film,” Roopa said at the function.
“These children have become victims of the degradation of the society we live in. I feel strongly that such children should not be neglected, as many of them are so talented that they will be able to contribute to the country,” added Roopa, who has acted in Kannada serial “Mahamaya” and film “Daatu”.
Roopa took the help of leading Kannada writer Jayanth Kaikini for penning the script. The venture is being produced by Narayana Hosamane, who has earlier made films like “Meera Maadhava Raghava” and Hindi movie “Raghu Romeo”.
- 'Mukhaputa' - thought-provoking movie by debutante director (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 21, 2010
- Kannada actress Roopa impresses with directorial debut - Jun 19, 2009
- Kannada film 'Mukhaputa' wins top honours at Ireland film fest - Sep 17, 2009
- Guruprasad's 'Directors Special' to Launch Today - Aug 27, 2010
- Mukhaputa at Seven International Film Fests - Aug 14, 2009
- 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna'; test of audiences' patience (Kannada Movie Review) - Jul 31, 2011
- Kannada Movies Sanchaari And Aarbhata Get UA Certificates - Jun 30, 2010
- Three Festival Releases In Sandalwood Today - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Narsimha' - must watch for Ravichandran fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Nanu Nannu Kanasu Celebrates 125 Days Of Screening In Bangalore - Sep 14, 2010
- Daatu wins Zimbabwe award - Oct 27, 2009
- "Double Decker" scores on performances (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 23, 2011
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- 'Body Guard' average fare; only for Jaggesh's fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Nov 06, 2011
- Gururaj and Raghava Loki awaiting Gilli release - Sep 29, 2009
Tags: consultations, degradation, dharma, film writer, hamsalekha, hiv, impressions, krishna, mahamaya, megaphone, misconceived notions, naveen, perceptions, prem kumar, preparatory work, present day, raghava, raj kumar, realistic account, writing the script