Kannada actress Ramya’s career soars with two releasesAugust 8th, 2008 - 8:47 am ICT by IANS
By R.G. Vijayasarathy
Bangalore, Aug 8 (IANS) With two back-to-back releases in one week, one big hit and some big projects in her kitty, the Kannada film industry’s leading actress Ramya is on cloud nine. Her first release is “Bombaat”, in which she has teamed up with Golden Star Ganesh for the first time. The film is opening Friday. “Anthoo Inthu Preethi Banthu” will follow it a week later.
Talking about her roles, Ramya told IANS: ” ‘Bombaat’ is essentially an out-and-out Ganesh film. It will showcase Ganesh in a new image. I accepted the film because of producer Rockline Venkatesh. I have a lot of respect for him.
“I got many offers to act with Ganesh, but I could not accept them because of date problems. Both of us have done some extraordinary action sequences in the film. Ganesh will rock in this entertainer.”
She added, “I’ve an author-backed role in ‘Anthu Inthu Preethi Banthu’ where I play the chief of a software firm. The film has a contemporary story and also has lots of sentimental elements.
“I play the role of a tough executive who falls in love with her happy-go-lucky assistant. And the film has some fantastic songs.
“Though the film is a remake of Telugu hit ‘Aadavalla Matalukku Arthaale Verule’, director Veera Shankar has made many changes to suit the taste of the Kannada film audience.”
Ramya’s “Mussanje Maathu” will complete 100 days this month.
Talking about it, she said: “When I was shooting for the film, I had the gut feeling that ‘Mussanje Maathu’ would become a big hit. I had told many of my media friends that the film would certainly be a success.
“Director Mahesh did wonders in his first venture. I was moved when he narrated the story to me. And acting with a good actor like Sudeep is always an added benefit for any actress. Even in the film, the songs have rocked.”
She is doing one more film with Sudeep, which may be launched some time this year.
And, to cap it all, her big budget Tamil film “Varanam Aayiram” is also releasing this month. Ramya has completed her work for the film. She has teamed up with Surya in the movie, which is directed by Gautham Menon.
Sameera Reddy is playing another important role in this film.
“I was really impressed with the way Gautham handled this complex subject. And it is very easy to work with Gautham because he keeps all the details. There was no confusion about anything. Surya is a fine actor and I really enjoyed working in this Tamil film,” says Ramya.
- 'Jothegaara' is one my best roles so far, says Ramya - Nov 09, 2008
- Ramya To Leave On A Big Holiday Trip - Sep 03, 2010
- Swathi to debut in Kannada film - Feb 18, 2010
- Kannada Movie 'DDG' Is A Remake Of The Tamil 'Kaakha Kaakha' - Jun 28, 2010
- Kannada Actor Kiccha - Sudeep Injured While Shooting - Dec 18, 2010
- 'Johny Mera Naam...' lacks punch (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 05, 2011
- 'Dandam Dashagunam' thoroughly disappointing (Kannada Movie Review) - Apr 17, 2011
- 'Kempe Gowda' entertaining masala movie (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 13, 2011
- 'Eno Onthara' - been there, done that (IANS Film Review; Rating: ***) - Nov 13, 2010
- Kannada actor Anand held for dowry harassment - May 15, 2010
- Kannada film industry looks up: Success ratio up (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- Three Festival Releases In Sandalwood Today - Sep 10, 2010
- We will not work with actress Ramya, say dancers - Sep 19, 2009
- Kannada Movie Stars Enter The Tweeting Bandwagon - Jun 28, 2010
- This is my first National Award, I'm hugely excited: Gautham Menon - Jan 24, 2010
Tags: action sequences, actress ramya, added benefit, bangalore, cloud nine, film audience, first venture, ganesh, golden star, gut feeling, kannada film industry, kitty, mahesh, new image, preethi, rockline, shankar, soars, software firm, sudeep