Kannada actor not to be arrested in Sabarimala caseNovember 15th, 2010 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 15 (IANS) Kerala police Monday said they had no plans to arrest Kannada actress Jayamala, who earlier claimed that she had touched the idol at the Sabarimala temple, thus violating the rules of the famed pilgrimage site.
Kerala police, who had filed a case against the actor last week, made this admission before the Karnataka high court. Jayamala had filed a petition seeking anticipatory bail as she feared arrest.
Justice N. Ananda disposed off the petition, saying there was no need for anticipatory bail as police have clarified that they do not plan to arrest her.
The 50-year-old Jayamala, a leading actress and Kannada film producer, in 2006 claimed that she had entered the sanctum sanctorum of Sabarimala in 1986, and touched the idol of Lord Ayyappa. Traditional rules forbid women between the ages of 10-50 years from entering the temple.
- Kerala court quashes charge sheet in Sabarimala case - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Temple rules must not be changed': Kerala devotees - Apr 17, 2011
- Jayamala Pronounced Guilty Of Touching Sabarimala Deity - Dec 15, 2010
- Court offers reprieve to Kannada actress in temple case - Oct 13, 2011
- Sabarimala temple averse to suggestion on widening steps, door - Jul 17, 2010
- Apex court permits access to Kalighat temple's sanctum sanctorum - May 21, 2012
- Actress Jaimala gets court summons in Sabarimala case - Jul 15, 2011
- Apex court notice on entry to Kalighat temple - May 15, 2012
- Apex court issues notices on Kalighat temple entry (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Apex court permits access to Kalighat temple's sanctum sanctorum (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- Actress Jaimala named accused in Sabarimala case - Dec 14, 2010
- After 2,000 years, temple allows women into sanctum sanctorum - Apr 15, 2011
- Sabarimala: Pilgrims discover Q-coupon booking virtues - Nov 19, 2011
- Sabarimala priest's grandson to take temple body to court - Dec 15, 2011
- Sabarimala 'celestial light' man-made, admit authorities - Apr 25, 2011