Kannada actor Darshan denied bail in wife assault caseSeptember 20th, 2011 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 20 (IANS) Leading Kannada actor Darshan, arrested for assaulting his wife, was denied bail Tuesday - for the second time in a week.
Sessions court judge R.B. Budihal rejected the bail plea of Darshan, arrested Sep 9 for beating up his wife Vijayalakshmi and threatening to murder her and the couple’s three-year-old son Vineesh.
Last Tuesday, First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi had rejected bail plea of the actor though Vijayalakshmi retracted her statement after intervention by leading Kannada actors and producers.
Hulagi had declined to accept the changed statement of Vijayalakshmi that she had suffered injuries from a fall in the bathroom and not from an attack by her husband.
Ever since his arrest Darshan has been in a hospital for treatment of asthma and jaundice.
He will, however, be discharged Wednesday as his condition has improved, Shashidar Buggi, head of the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Chest Diseases, told reporters Tuesday.
The actor will be lodged at Parappana Agrahara jail in east Bangalore after his discharge, police said.
The wife beating case led to Kannada Film Producers Association imposing a three-year ban on actress Nikitha whom Vijayalakshmi blamed for her marital discord.
However, the ban was lifted as it was opposed by a large number Kannada actors and producers and several women’s organizations.
- Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating case - Sep 14, 2011
- Kannada actor denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 13, 2011
- Kannada actor back in jail for wife assault - Sep 21, 2011
- Hearing on Kannada actor's bail plea after two weeks (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- I'm relieved, says Nikita after ban is lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Ban on Nikita lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Kannada actor, wife apologise to Kannadigas - Oct 09, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan arrested, jailed for 'assaulting' wife - Sep 09, 2011
- Most hurting decision, says Nikitha after being banned - Sep 11, 2011
- High court grants conditional bail to Kannada actor - Oct 07, 2011
- Maudany's judicial custody extended till Sep - Sep 14, 2010
- Special court in prison complex for Jayalalithaa's appearance - Oct 18, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing Nov 8 - Nov 04, 2011
- Yeddyurappa gets bail in one case - Nov 03, 2011
- Maudany's wife gets to meet him in jail - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: actress, assault case, asthma, bail plea, chest diseases, court judge, film producers, gandhi institute, last tuesday, magistrate, marital discord, nikitha, producers association, rajiv gandhi, second time, sessions court, treatment of asthma, vijayalakshmi, wife assault, wife beating