Kannada actor awaits bail in wife beating caseSeptember 14th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 14 (IANS) Leading Kannada actor Darshan, arrested last Friday for assaulting his wife, will have to wait till next Monday to know whether he will get bail.
Sessions court judge R.B. Budihal Wednesday fixed Sep 19 to hear the actor’s applications for bail.
Darshan moved the court following rejection of his bail plea by First Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Venkatesh Hulagi Tuesday.
Hulagi declined to accept the changed statement of Darshan’s wife Vijayalakshmi that she had suffered injuries from a fall in the bathroom and not from an attack by her husband.
Darshan was arrested Friday after Vijayalakshmi gave a five-page complaint to police in Vijayanagar in west Bangalore alleging that the actor had beaten her and threatened to kill her and their three-year-old son Vineesh.
She changed the statement late Friday following intervention by several leading Kannada film actors and producers.
The actor was sent to 14 days judicial custody Friday but after spending a night in Parappana Agrahara jail in east Bangalore he has been under treatment in a hospital for suspected jaundice.
The wife beating case has led to Kannada Film Producers Association imposing a three-year ban on actress Nikitha whom Vijayalakshmi blamed for her marital discord.
The ban is being opposed by increasing number of Kannada actors, including Shivraj Kumar, son of legendary Kannada film hero late Rajkumar, and Tara, a national award winning actress, among others.
Several women’s organization have also condemned the ban on Nikitha while a lawyers association has offered Nikitha free legal service to fight her case if she takes the producers’ association to court.
- Kannada actor denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 13, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan denied bail in wife assault case - Sep 20, 2011
- Kannada actor back in jail for wife assault - Sep 21, 2011
- Hearing on Kannada actor's bail plea after two weeks (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- I'm relieved, says Nikita after ban is lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- Kannada actor, wife apologise to Kannadigas - Oct 09, 2011
- Ban on Nikita lifted - Sep 15, 2011
- High court grants conditional bail to Kannada actor - Oct 07, 2011
- Most hurting decision, says Nikitha after being banned - Sep 11, 2011
- Kannada actor Darshan arrested, jailed for 'assaulting' wife - Sep 09, 2011
- Actress Nikita Thukral banned for 3 years for having affair with co-star - Sep 14, 2011
- Yeddyurappa stays in jail, bail hearing Nov 8 - Nov 04, 2011
- Jayalalithaa reappears in court in assets case - Oct 21, 2011
- Maudany's judicial custody extended till Sep - Sep 14, 2010
- Yeddyurappa to stay in jail when Advani arrives - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: actress, bail plea, court judge, film actors, film hero, film producers, judicial custody, kannada film, last friday, lawyers association, magistrate, marital discord, nikitha, page complaint, producers association, rajkumar, rejection, sessions court, vijayalakshmi, vijayanagar