Kanimozhi issues legal notice to Chennai weeklyJune 2nd, 2011 - 10:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 2 (IANS) DMK MP Kanimozhi, presently in Tihar Jail for her involvement in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, Thursday issued legal notices to a Chennai-based weekly magazine.
Kanomozhi counsel V.G. Pragasam said: “Our client states that ‘Junior Vikatan’ in its May 25 edition published an article with a photograph of her husband and her 11-year old son.”
The DMK MP has alleged that the article is “imaginary, derogatory and mischievous”.
“Besides, the publication of my son’s photo is highly defamatory, malicious and against all established ethics of journalism,” says Kanimozhi in her notice.
The notice states that her son is a school-going child and the publication of article along with picture tends to identify him and embarrass him among his peers and teachers.
Kanimozhi’s lawyer said: “It is amply clear that this is a calculated attempt with ulterior motive to mentally torture, malign, intimidate and shame our client`s minor child. You have abused the freedom of press with total disgraced to any probity ethics.”
The MP has asked the publication to “tender your open unconditional apology within three days by publishing an apology”.
She has threatened to “institute criminal and civil proceedings against all of you besides initiating contempt of court proceedings as the matter is sub-judice”.
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar move high court for bail (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Gadkari sends legal notice to Digvijay for defamation - Sep 14, 2012
- Kanimozhi's mother breaks down in court - May 21, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi and Sharad Kumar move court for bail (Lead) - Sep 16, 2011
- PM, ministers decided against 2G auction: Kanimozhi (Lead) - Aug 23, 2011
- Criminal breach of trust, conspiracy charge not valid: Kanimozhi - Oct 01, 2011
- Kanimozhi is brain behind Kalaignar TV: CBI tells court (Roundup) - May 07, 2011
- Court allows Kanimozhi to attend agitation in Tamil Nadu - Jul 03, 2012
- Kanimozhi back in Chennai, gets rousing reception - Dec 03, 2011
- 2G scam: High court notice to CBI on Kanimozhi's plea - Mar 27, 2012
- PM, ministers decided against 2G auction, says Kanimozhi - Aug 23, 2011
- Happy over Kanimozhi's bail, says DMK - Nov 28, 2011
- Karunanidhi meets Kanimozhi, Raja, Sharad Kumar in Tihar (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Kanimozhi bail plea June 20 - Jun 13, 2011
- Kanimozhi moves high court seeking quashing of 2G charges - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: apology, civil proceedings, client states, contempt of court, court proceedings, dmk, ethics of journalism, freedom of press, junior vikatan, lawyer, legal notices, motive, mp, New Delhi, notice states, peers, photo, photograph, probity, spectrum allocation