Kangna to match steps with Madhuri in ‘Dedh Ishqiya’June 21st, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) Director Abhishek Choubey is said to have asked actress Kangna Ranaut to brush up her dancing skills as they gear up to start shooting for “Dedh Ishqiya” with dancing diva Madhuri Dixit. Both the actresses will be seen matching steps in plenty of dance sequences in the film.
“Dedh Ishqiya” is the sequel to 2010 film “Ishqiya”, which featured Arshad Warsi, Naseeruddin Shah and Vidya Balan. While Naseer and Arshad will be reprising their roles, the female lead will be played by Madhuri.
“Music was very important to ‘Ishqiya’ and so it will remain in ‘Dedh Ishqiya’, though this time the songs and music would be very different. Yes, Madhuri would be doing a lot of singing and dancing,” said Choubey.
The sequel will see Arshad and Naseer moving from Gorakhpur to Lucknow, where they will meet a highly cultured Muslim family, including Madhuri and Kangna. While Naseer will be seen romancing Madhuri, Arshad has been cast opposite Kangna.
Choubey said the idea was to place Naseer and Arshad’s characters in a completely different milieu
“Repetition is death for me. I was against doing a sequel in the first place, because no matter how one looks at it, a sequel is an extension of the first film. But then when I finally decided on doing ‘Dedh Ishqiya’, I decided to put the characters in a totally different ambience,” he said.
With the film, Choubey hopes to revive the near-extinct genre of Indian cinema, known as the Muslim social.
“I want to revive that old-world Nawabi charm of ornate architecture, the tehzeeb and the adaas that we saw in Muslim socials like ‘Mere Mehboob’, ‘Mere Huzoor’, ‘Chaudhvin Ka Chand’ and ‘Nikaah’,” said the director.
“Of course, the genre would be contemporized. But the essence of the genre, the flavour of the period, its essence and grace and, most important, the decadence of that Nawabi culture would remain,” he added.
- Madhuri signs Bhardwaj's 'Dedh Ishqiya' - Apr 10, 2012
- Naseer looking forward to 'Dedh Ishqiya' with Madhuri - May 26, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit signs Anubhav Sinha's next movie - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot postponed, to start in January 2013 - Aug 31, 2012
- 'Gulab Gang' shooting to start in October - Sep 02, 2012
- Can't wait to work with Madhuri again: Naseeruddin - Jun 18, 2012
- Bollywood has no dancing style of its own: Madhuri Dixit (Interview)(With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- Bollywood beckons its married heroines - May 02, 2012
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Avoid link-ups, says Bipasha (Movie Snippets) - May 03, 2012
- Vishal Bhardwaj wanted to be a cricketer - Dec 06, 2011
- Arshad Warsi finds sequels risky, but excited about 'Ishqiya 2' - May 26, 2011
- Madhuri Dixit looking for challenges - May 06, 2012
- Teetotaller Vidya does the drunken act for 'Ishqiya' - Jan 08, 2010
- Life is like a boxing ring: Amitabh (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: abhishek, arshad warsi, chand, dance sequences, decadence, flavour, gorakhpur, indian cinema, kangna ranaut, madhuri dixit, muslim family, muslim social, naseer, naseeruddin shah, nikaah, ornate architecture, sequel, socials, tehzeeb, vidya balan