Kangana Left Out Of Kites In CannesMay 20th, 2009 - 12:35 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Director Anurag Basu, producer Rakesh Roshan and Hrithik Roshan have returned to Mumbai from Cannes while Barbara Mori, happy with her moment of red-carpeted fame has gone back to Mexico, all happy at the way the 9-minute trailer of Kites has been received at the international jamboree.
But the one voice of dissent in the glamorous event that we cannot hear thanks to the din of clinking champagne glasses, is Kangna Ranaut’s .
After the recent Adhyayan-Shahana Goswami episode where Kangna was linked to Kites’ other leading lady Barbara Mori’s brother(who apparently has no interest in women) Kangna has voluntarily gone into a shell, from which she was more than willing to emerge long enough to attend the Cannes event for Kites.
But no one invited Kangana Strange, considering she’s the leading lady of the film.
Says a source close to Kangna, “Kangna was not told to accompany Rakesh Roshan, Hrithik and Anurag Basu although the director Anurag is very close to her and in fact was instrumental in recommending her for the role in Kites. We believe the team wanted to focus on the Hrithik-Barbara pair to give Kites a more international crossover appeal at Cannes.”
But doesn’t it appear exceedingly strange that the film’s leading lady was left out at such an important event, just to spotlight the leading man with another pair?
When questioned Rakesh Roshan washes his hands off the matter. “We ourselves were not sure till the last minute of what has happening , and who was going or not. Even my brother Rajesh Roshan who has done the Kites music was left out because of the last-minute flurry. I think our co-producers Big Pictures would be the best people to comment on why Kangna couldn’t go.”
A representative of Big Pictures laughs off the matter saying. “I think Mr Rakesh Roshan would be able to comment on why Kangna wasn’t at Cannes.” -Sampurn Media
- Kangana left out of 'Kites' moment at Cannes - May 20, 2009
- Security breach in Noida upsets Hrithik - May 23, 2010
- Barbara Mori in India to promote 'Kites' - Apr 19, 2010
- 'Kites' grosses Rs.65 crore worldwide in opening weekend - May 24, 2010
- 'Kites' to have US, British premiere - May 13, 2010
- 'Kites' grosses over Rs.21 crore on opening day - May 22, 2010
- Rakesh Roshan unperturbed by unfavourable reviews - May 24, 2010
- Barbara Mori -Hrithik Roshan At Cannes - May 14, 2009
- `Kites' may open global skies for Indian movies - May 18, 2010
- 'Kites' director admits differences with producer Rakesh Roshan - Feb 07, 2010
- Mahesh Bhatt looking for new faces on Twitter (Snippets) - May 17, 2010
- 'Kites' gets ready to fly high (IANS Preview) - May 17, 2010
- Times Square traffic halts as Hrithik runs to meet fans (With Images) - May 18, 2010
- 'Kites' Releases Today In India And Abroad - May 21, 2010
- 'Kaho Naa...' to 'Kites': Hrithik reminisces in the US (With Images) - May 16, 2010
Tags: barbara mori, big pictures, cannes, champagne glasses, crossover appeal, hrithik roshan, important event, international jamboree, kangna ranaut, kites, lady barbara, leading lady, leading man, minute trailer, producers, rajesh roshan, rakesh roshan, roshan hrithik, subhash k jha, voice of dissent