Kalki believes in eating right, not gymmingJanuary 9th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jna 9 (IANS) Kalki Koechlin is not just appreciated for her performances, but also her lean frame. The actress says eating healthy and the right attitude help her stay fit.
“I am lucky that I have a good metabolism rate. If you are in a good, happy space, you are working hard and you are not overeating, then you get to eat everything you can as long as you keep exercising and eat sensible food,” the 29-year-old said at the launch of Kalli Purie’s book “Confessions of a Serial Dieter”.
“It does not mean that you are on a diet all the time. It’s just you eat everything in moderation,” she added.
However, Kalki does not like to sweat it out in the gym.
“Yoga is something I have been doing on-and-off. For me, it’s swimming. Swimming and yoga. I am not much of a gym person. I don’t like to build muscle, but yoga and swimming is what I do,” said Kalki, who was last seen in “My Friend Pinto”.
In 2011, she also garnered praise for her work in her husband Anurag Kashyap’s “Shaitan” and Zoya Akhtar’s “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”.
Just three years old in Bollywood, Kalki carved a niche with her performance in her debut film “Dev D” (2009) and also walked away with the Filmfare best supporting actress award.
She will next be seen in Dibakar Banerji’s “Shanghai”, releasing Jan 26. She will be seen alongside Emraan Hashmi and her “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” co-star Abhay Deol.
- No rift between me and Katrina: Kalki - Jul 11, 2011
- Kalki Koechlin to play female lead in Dibakar's 'Shanghai' - May 06, 2011
- I love going back to theatre: Kalki - Mar 14, 2012
- Hrithik, Katrina's mutual admiration society! - Jul 11, 2011
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award - Jan 14, 2012
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Abhay's skin show in 'Shanghai' - Jun 04, 2012
- 'Difficult to cast two leading actresses together' - Jul 08, 2011
- It's hard to keep up good work in Bollywood: Kalki Koechlin (Interview) - May 16, 2012
- 'Daayan' a supernatural mystery, not horror film: Kalki - Mar 01, 2012
- Kalki loves gorging on Delhi street food - Dec 07, 2011
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- Salman is a good friend of mine: Katrina Kaif - Jul 13, 2011
- Anurag is my biggest critic: Kalki - Aug 27, 2011
- Buddy bonding between Hrithik, Farhan, Abhay (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, actress award, banerji, best supporting actress, co star, confessions, debut film, dieter, emraan hashmi, everything in moderation, filmfare, jna, kalli, kashyap, koechlin, launch, metabolism rate, sensible food, shaitan, zoya akhtar