Kal Penn Begins His Job In White HouseJuly 7th, 2009 - 8:26 pm ICT by GD
Kal Penn, the American film and television actor has finally arrived at the White House in order to begin his work as the Associate Director of the White House.
The actor started his new job as a liaison between the White House and the Asian communities.The actor arrived after months of speculations regarding his appointment as the Associate Director of the White House Office Of Public Liaison in the Barrack Obama Administration.
Penn’s feature film debut came in the year 1998 with the film, “Express: Aisle To Glory”. Later on he was seen on films like “American Desi”, “National Lampoon’s Van Wilder”, “Harrold And Kumar Go To White Castle”, “Harold And Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay”, “Superman Returns” et al. He had also acted in the Indian film, “Namesake”, playing the lead character of the film, “Gogol”.
The actor’s political interest was witnessed in the year 2008, when Penn worked as an advocate for Barrack Obama’s Presidential Campaign. He was also a member of Obama’s National Art Policy Committee. Penn has appeared in Obama’s video “Si Se Puede Cambiar” by Andres Useche. He had also appeared with comedian George Lopez in January 18, 2009 at “We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration At The Lincoln Memorial.” The actor’s interest in politics had surprised many.
Kenn’s step towards politics was welcomed when he was finally appointed as the Associate Director of the White House Office Of Public Liaison.
Penn had reportedly stated earlier that he would like to commit himself a year or two in Washington. He had also announced that during this period he won’t be taking up any acting offers, thus bringing disappointment to his fans.
- Kal Penn will now be Kalpen Modi at the White House - Jul 07, 2009
- Kal Penn's attacker jailed - Jul 22, 2011
- Kal Penn returning to TV - Aug 04, 2011
- Kal Penn returns to White House - Nov 17, 2010
- Kal Penn, 'The Namesake' star, to join White House - Apr 08, 2009
- Indian origin Kal Pen re-joins White House job after filming 'Harold & Kumar' sequel - Nov 16, 2010
- Indian American actor Kal Penn to host Obama nomination meet - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Harold and Kumar' Star Kal Penn Mugged - Apr 21, 2010
- Indian American actor Penn gets a job in the White House - Apr 08, 2009
- Kal Penn makes a four letter call: "Vote" - Sep 05, 2012
- Obama's American Indian adviser has no plans for running for office - Jul 07, 2009
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- Obama campaign reaches out to Indian Americans - Feb 24, 2012
- Kal Penn robbed at gunpoint - Apr 21, 2010
- Kal Penn 'ditches White House gig for Harold & Kumar sequel' - Apr 03, 2010
Tags: american desi, art policy, asian communities, barrack obama, comedian george lopez, feature film debut, film express, guantanamo bay, harrold and kumar go to white castle, inaugural celebration, interest in politics, kal penn, kumar go to white castle, lincoln memorial, national lampoon, public liaison, superman returns, television actor, van wilder, white house office