‘Kal Kissne Dekha’ - of love and supernatural powers (IANS Preview)June 8th, 2009 - 9:50 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) “Kal Kissne Dekha”, producer Vashu Bhagnani’s launch pad for his son Jackky, is the first film to roll out from the Bollywood stables after the resolution of the revenue-sharing row between producers and multiplex owners, ending the dry spell at the box office.
Directed by Vivek Sharma, the film also stars actress Vaishali Desai and has Rishi Kapoor in a pivotal role.
“Kal Kissne Dekha” is the story of Nihal Singh, a young boy from Chandigarh who wants to be a scientist and makes it to Mumbai for further studies. But he is gifted - he has supernatural powers to see the future, which is revealed when he tries to save his lady love Meesha (Vaishali) after he has a vision about her being in danger.
His secret unravels in front of the media and he is manipulated because of his special powers.
” ‘Kal Kissne Dekha’ is a complete masala film and a romantic love story with few frames of thrill. It is the perfect debut project for both newcomers (Jackky and Vaishali). The movie is about a boy who comes from a small town and how he survives in the big city. Like my earlier films, audiences are sure going to like this one too,” Bhagnani told IANS.
Added Jackky: “It is a well-packaged film and has all the ingredients that a newcomer would need.”
Distributed by Big Pictures, the film has been made on a budget of Rs.27 crore (Rs.270 million) and is releasing with approximately 500 prints worldwide.
Earlier scheduled for an April release, the film was waiting in the wings due to the tussle, which finally ended June 5. Apart from being his son’s debut, the film also marks the comeback of Bhagnani as a producer after a sabbatical post-”Shaadi No.1″ and “Silsilay” in 2005.
The film’s music is also on the charts with soulful renditions from composer duo Sajid-Wajid.
In trademark Bhagnani style, “Kal Kissne Dekha” has been promoted across the country through stage shows with performances by actresses Lara Dutta and Kareena Kapoor.
Meanwhile, the newcomers are “keeping their fingers crossed” for their maiden venture, Bhagnani said.
- KAL KISSNE DEKHA GOLDEN NIGHTS - May 23, 2009
- 500 screens release for Kal Kissne Dekha worldwide - Jun 11, 2009
- Comparison with Salman makes Jackky happy - Aug 30, 2012
- 'F.A.L.T.U' not a dance film: Jackky Bhagnani - Jun 18, 2010
- Vashu Bhagnani postpones Film Kal Kissne Dekha - May 29, 2009
- Akshay says no to Vashu Bhagnani’s Faltu - Oct 07, 2010
- Jackky Bhagnani becomes gets nostalgic - Oct 03, 2009
- Hugely promoted 'Kal Kissne Dekha' gets dull opening - Jun 15, 2009
- Shaan wants to stop alcohol promotion in movies (Movie snippets) - May 28, 2012
- Shah Rukh Khan had stepped in to help Jackky - Jun 16, 2009
- Jackky-Pooja romance not a publicity gimmick! - Mar 07, 2011
- Dutt to play DJ in Kal Kissne Dekha - Mar 20, 2009
- Newcomer Jackky Bhagnani shed 60 kilos for Bollywood debut - Feb 02, 2009
- Movie Review: Kal Kissne Dekha (2009) - Jun 12, 2009
- It was special when Kareena held my hand: Jackky Bhagnani - May 28, 2009
Tags: big pictures, chandigarh, crore, debut project, desai, dry spell, films audiences, further studies, launch pad, masala, nihal, pivotal role, renditions, rishi kapoor, silsilay, stage shows, supernatural powers, vivek sharma, waiting in the wings, wajid