Kajol to be awarded for social work (Film Snippets)November 25th, 2008 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 25 (IANS) Bollywood actress Kajol will be honoured by iCONGO, a confederation of NGOs and Khemka Foundation, for helping educate underprivileged children.The Karamveer Puraskar award, to be given away Wednesday, recognises individuals who have been pivotal in leading change beyond their business by being committed to social issues.
“I believe that social commitment is as important as our professional and personal commitment. It is indeed an honour to have been selected for this award. I will keep doing my bit and giving back to society the best in my capacity,” said Kajol in a press release.
Apart from being goodwill ambassador and patron of the Britain-based Loomba Trust - a charity devoted to educating widows’ children, particularly in India, Kajol also works with an NGO called Shiksha.
My son teaches me how to be an idiot: Zayed Khan
Bollywood actor Zayed Khan is enjoying fatherhood to the hilt. Apart from learning how to baby talk with his less than a year old son Zidaan, he says he is learning how to be an idiot.
“Zidaan is growing up and he’s teaching me a lot more than I can teach him. Like how to be constantly animated, how to act like an idiot and how not to take yourself so seriously all the time,” Zayed told IANS.
He added that he is gradually learning how to make funny sounds - something that he never thought he could do.
“I never thought I could speak to a baby. But yes, you grow to learn baby language and it’s nice to see a lot of similarities between him and my baby days,” he said.
Although Zayed was busy shooting for his films “Yuvvraaj” and “Blue” early this year, he took Zidaan to Bahamas with him.
“I wanted to get as much of his childhood days as was possible,” he said.
I balance my work, family well: Ajay Devgan
Ajay Devgan, who is basking in the success of his recent release “Golmaal Returns”, says he doesn’t need to ‘chalk out’ time for his wife Kajol as he has maintained a good balance between both his worlds.
“Kajol and I get enough time to spend with each other. I have never had a problem on that front. I have always balanced my work and family life very well,” Ajay told IANS.
As of now, both Ajay and Kajol are working on their animation film titled “Toonpur Ka Superhero”.
“It’s a very different animation film and it’s been a great experience shooting for it. Both, Kajol and I, live animated characters in the film,” he said.
Apart from “Toonpur Ka Superhero”, Ajay has a variety of films in his kitty including Vipul Shah’s “London Dreams” and Prakash Jha’s “Rajniti”.
- Kajol, Ajay Devgn: Couple In First Animation Film In B Town-Toonpur Ka Superhero - Dec 02, 2010
- Ajay not worried about 'Toonpur Ka...' clash with 'Tees Maar...' - Dec 08, 2010
- Watch out for Ajay's 'Son Of Sardar', says Kajol - Aug 03, 2012
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero Movie Review: An Unfunny Cartoon! - Dec 24, 2010
- Ajay and I don't agree on scripts easily: Kajol (Interview) - Dec 16, 2010
- Ajay brings Kajol, Tanuja together on screen after 18 years - Nov 16, 2010
- Perhaps my song brought Kajol-Ajay together: Anu Malik - Dec 21, 2010
- Preview Of Toonpur Ka Superhero: Tries To Keep Both Kids And Adults Happy - Dec 23, 2010
- Ajay the most versatile actor: Kajol - Dec 08, 2010
- "I Like To Have Space With My Releases": Ajay Devgan - Jul 01, 2010
- Kajol Wants To Take A Break From Films Until Her Son Turns Three - Dec 15, 2010
- Toonpur Ka Superrhero Launches Its Music! - Dec 10, 2010
- I'd love to play Salim in 'Mughal-e-Azam' remake: Jackie Shroff (Movie Snippets) - Dec 16, 2010
- It's 'Tees Maar Khan' vs 'Toonpur Ka Superhero' this Friday (IANS Preview) - Dec 20, 2010
- I'm glowing because of my kids: Kajol - Jan 20, 2012