Kailash Kher to perform at OzAsia FestivalAugust 9th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) After wowing fans in Pakistan, popular singer Kailash Kher is ready to entertain music lovers in Australia. He will perform at the OzAsia Festival in Adelaide Sep 14-30.
The singer will perform with his eight-piece band Kailasa, to present a unique blend of spiritual Sufi chants, Rajasthani gypsy rhythms and Punjabi dance numbers.
“This year, we embark on a thrilling journey into Indian culture, showcasing theatre, music, dance, film and cuisine, synonymous with the colourful country, richly textured and steeped in traditions,” Jacinta Thompson, director OzAsia Festival, said in a statement.
“While India holds the centrepiece for this year’s program, we have also invited artists and industry specialists from other Asian countries and here in Australia to play an integral role in assisting to bridge the cultural divide, allowing us to deepen understandings about the diverse nation we have become,” Thompson added.
A documentary film on Fearless Nadia, popular stuntwoman of the era gone by, will also be showcased during the festival. It will also see traditional Indian and contemporary dance performances.
Organised by Adelaide Festival Centre and supported by Major Festival Partner Santos, the culturally diverse OzAsia Festival play host to 20 performances and 73 events featuring 300 artists and presenters from countries like Japan, Korea, China, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam and Australia.
- Kailash Kher to perform at world Sufi fest - Feb 10, 2012
- Four-day South Asian art festival in Australia - Oct 13, 2010
- Music, dance festival ends in Pakistan - Jul 25, 2011
- Focus on Indian folk at Sangeet Natak Akademi festival - Jul 27, 2011
- Culture diplomacy: Delhi set for 10-day global arts fest - Nov 26, 2010
- Festival in Berlin to mark Art of Living's 30 years - Jun 30, 2011
- ICCR to spread northeast India's culture worldwide - Jul 23, 2010
- Rajasthani touch at British queen's celebrations - Apr 28, 2012
- Celebrating India at cultural festival in Berlin - Jul 02, 2011
- Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash Kher - Feb 02, 2012
- Bhopal cultural festival draws huge crowds - Feb 01, 2011
- It's music to everyone's ears; Jodhpur RIFF starts Oct 12 - Jul 26, 2011
- Jaffna festival to promote reconciliation - Mar 23, 2011
- Indian cultural festival to open in Bangladesh - Nov 23, 2010
- Jaipur Maharaja band to jam at Singapore Grand Prix - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: adelaide festival centre, asian countries, centrepiece, contemporary dance, dance film, dance numbers, dance performances, documentary film, indian culture, industry specialists, integral role, japan korea, music dance, music lovers, rhythms, showcasing, stuntwoman, sufi chants, theatre music, understandings