Kailash Kher goes global with third albumMay 29th, 2009 - 9:52 am ICT by IANS
By Ruchika Kher
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) He came from a humble background and burst on the Bollywood music scene with the song “Allah ke bande”. Now Singer Kailash Kher is all set to go global with his third album “Kailasa Chaandan Mein” and says international recognition is “encouraging”.
“Getting international recognition is always good and welcomed. It is not easy to get international recognition or bag an international project. One has to create a niche for oneself where there is already so much competition and talent,” Kailash told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
“It is always nice and encouraging when you get recognition at home. But if you make a mark in other countries, it’s a great thing. It makes one proud and you feel honoured that your talent in not only limited to just one country,” added the singer who is synonymous with a raw and earthy voice.
“Kailasa Chaandan Mein” will be released internationally by New York based World Music Label, Cumbancha Records. Sony Music will release it in India.
“My third album after ‘Kailasa’ and ‘Kailasa Jhommo Re’ will be released internationally under the label Cumbancha records of New York which is a sister concern of Putumayo. Putumayo specialises in Latin, Afro-Cuban music and other genres of world music,” said Kailash, who has moved base from Delhi to Mumbai.
“This one will be more mature, bolder and lyrically deeper. Like our other albums, in this album too you will find Sufi elements,” he added.
The album will also feature Kailash’s bandmates Paresh and Naresh. It has eight tracks. “Kailasa Chaandan Mein” is set to release next month.
Kailash, who sang hits like “O Sikandar”, “Ya Rabba”, “Teri deewani”, will also perform at foreign music festivals this year.
“Me and my band Kailasa will be performing in various international music festivals from June onwards. Our first performance will be at the 72nd season of the Stern Grove Festival in San Francisco and later at the Hollywood Ball in Los Angeles,” said the singer who is also associated with BIG 92.7 FM’s Dhun Daar T20 World Cup Campaign.
The singer had his share of struggle before he struck the chord with 2002 hit song “Allah ke bande” from the film “Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II”. But he has no regrets.
“Initially when I came to Mumbai, I faced lots of difficulties. But I have no regrets. I feel that hardships make a person strong to face anything in the world,” said Kailash, who married Sheetal Bhan recently.
As far as films are concerned, Kailash has various projects in his kitty, including a song in a Hollywood project for which A.R. Rahman is composing music and Karan Johar’s film starring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor.
- Visually impaired vie to shoot Kailash Kher's music video - Aug 08, 2012
- Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash Kher - Feb 02, 2012
- Earthy, soulful music clicks in 'Kailasa Chaandan Mein' (IANS Music Review) - Jul 05, 2009
- I've mellowed after marriage, fatherhood: Kailash Kher (Interview) - Oct 05, 2010
- People looking at India differently during CWG: Kailash Kher - Oct 12, 2010
- 'Allah Ke Banday' offers entertaining songs for all (IANS Music Review) - Oct 07, 2010
- Ali Azmat sings for 'Jism 2' (Movie Snippets) - Apr 26, 2012
- I Don't Get Carried Away By Market Trends- Kailash Kher - Aug 03, 2009
- Machines control over human beings astounds Kailash Kher - Feb 07, 2012
- I'm famous not only for Sufi Songs: Kailash Kher - Mar 30, 2012
- Kailasha scales new height - Jul 03, 2009
- Bollywood touch lends glitz to CWG closure (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010
- Kailash Kher all set to Rock - Oct 02, 2009
- Big B lends voice for Kailash Kher's new album - Jan 10, 2012
- Bollywood tunes in to music bands - Feb 04, 2010
Tags: afro cuban music, allah ke bande, bandmates, bollywood music, earthy voice, first performance, humble background, international music festivals, international recognition, mumbai, music scene, New Delhi, niche, paresh, ruchika, sikandar, sister concern, sony music, stern grove festival, world music label