Kader Khan Chooses Television Over FilmsJanuary 21st, 2011 - 12:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Another Bollywood actor makes his foray into the small screen. And this time it is the funny man of the yesteryears, Kader Khan. After having worked in over 300 films over the last three decades, he is making a comeback but this time he has chosen television over the big screen. He was earlier seen in Hasna Mat on the small screen.
He will be a part of the comedy television series ‘Hi! Padosi…Kaun Hai Doshi?’ This show will be aired on Monday only on Sahara One. This comedy is being directed by Sunil Prasad, who had earlier made ‘Kumkum’.
‘Hi! Padosi…Kaun Hai Doshi?’ is about two neighbors living on the same floor of a building. While one is from Punjab, called Harvansh Lal Mehta, the other man is from Gujrat, Hansmukh Lal Mehta. The confusion stems from the same initials of both the neighbors. ‘Hi! Padosi…Kaun Hai Doshi?’ also stars Govind Bole, Sanjeeda Sheikh, Giriraj Kabra, Nilu Kohli, Muni Jha, Gulfam Khan and Govind Khatri.
We best remember Kader Khan for his comic acts in David Dhawan films alongside Govinda. In the later part of his career, we saw Kader Khan in supporting roles as an uncle, brother, father or even the side kick of the villain in several films.
Kader Khan had also written the dialogues for Manmohan Desai’s film Roti. It has been reported that Kader Khan is currently penning down the sequel of the hit comedy film, Andaaz Apna Apna. The film was supposed to go into pre-production in 2009, but the film has been put on hold for the time being.
- Kader Khan coming on small screen (Movie Snippets) - Jan 20, 2011
- Aamir Ali is a good boyfriend: Sanjeeda Sheikh (With Images) - Jun 22, 2011
- Kader Khan to return to TV? - May 12, 2010
- Bollywood stars eye serials after reality overdose - Oct 16, 2010
- Shibani, Punit turn showstoppers (TV Snippets) - Aug 04, 2012
- 'Kaun kenda hai' my personal favourite: composer (With Image) - Mar 20, 2012
- 'Settai' trailer promises family comedy - Sep 01, 2012
- SRK meets 'Khichdi' team, invites families to fun film - Oct 02, 2010
- Men have nothing to do on Indian TV: Aman Verma - Nov 05, 2010
- Movies are more than just numbers: Kabir Khan (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
- Male pairs: Twist in the Bollywood tale - May 12, 2011
- Resul Pookutty, Boman Irani plan workshops at film festival - Nov 15, 2010
- Cinematographer Ashok Mehta cremated - Aug 17, 2012
- I would love to do comedy: Rucha Gujarathi - May 20, 2010
- I want to make an intense love story: Bhandarkar - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: apna, bollywood actor, comedy film, comedy television, confusion stems from, david dhawan, desai, funny man, govinda, jha, kabra, kader khan, lal, last three decades, manmohan, mehta, sahara one, sanjeeda sheikh, side kick, yesteryears