Juvenile Changes: Popular Kids In Sri Krishna and Uttaran To Go, Balika Vadhu Will Remain UnchangedMay 30th, 2009 - 12:36 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Subhash K Jha
Reacting to the ever-increasing me-too variety of soaps revolving around juvenile actors Colors, the channel that premiered patented and popularized the kids-first formula has now decided to swerve away from its cutie-poo image.
The child actors from their two popular shows Uttaran and Jai Shri Krishna, Sparsh Khanchandani and Ishita Panchal (who play Ichcha and Tapasya in Uttaran), and Krishna Bhatia(who plays little Krishna in Jai Shri Krishna) are about to exit from theor respective serials.
The two primetime hits will take an unexpected generation-leap in the coming weeks. And with good reason.
Rajesh Kamat CEO Colors, explains, “There are too many me-too imitations of what you call the juvenile formula. We feel confident enough now to let our two popular serials take a generation leap without affecting its popularity.”
So those viewers who are addicted to the cute moppet manoevrings of Tapasya, Ichcha and Krishna will just have to grow up…along with the serial.
However the kids in Colors’ flagship show Balika Vadhu remain unchanged although the actors Avika Gor and Avinash Mukherjee playing the child-couple Anandi and Jagdish, are growing up right in front of viewers’ eyes.
Talk of the two Balika Vadhu kids departing from the plot gathered momentum when in recent months the focus in the plot shifted to the adult actors.
But now the adorable little twosome will be back at the plot’s fulcrum.
Says Kamat, “The reason why less of Anandi and Jadgish was being shown in the recent episodes is because both the actors playing the two characters were busy with their examinations. It’d have been very ironical if after addressing child literacy so forcefully in the serial our own lead players didn’t get time off for their studies. Exam over, Aavika and Avinash will be back full force.”
Kamath envisages no generation leap in Balika Vadhu. “In fact it would be interesting to see the two actors growing up as serial progresses.” -Sampurn Media
- Popular TV shows take generational leap, child actors to go - May 30, 2009
- 'Uttaran' completes 900 episodes, team celebrates (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Uttaran' takes 18-year leap, Tina plays double role - Mar 20, 2012
- Jamshedpur girl to replace Avika Gor in 'Balika Vadhu' - Jun 26, 2010
- 'Balika Vadhu' to take five year leap - Jun 24, 2010
- Pratyusha Banerjee steps in as Anandi on 'Balika Vadhu' - Jul 22, 2010
- Shashank Vyas steps in as Jagiya on 'Balika Vadhu' - Aug 03, 2010
- 'Ballika Vadhu' To Grow Up: Avika Gor To Leave Popular Serial - Jun 26, 2010
- Ekta Kapoor to appear on Madhavan's game show? (TV Snippets) - Jul 09, 2010
- Uttaran's kids Ichcha and Tapasya spread cheer in Dharavi - May 08, 2009
- Uttaran: Whats There In Ichcha's Fate Following Tapasya’s Pregnancy News? - Dec 06, 2010
- Report Card time for Television's Little Stars - May 04, 2010
- Anandi, Jagdish to grow up? - Apr 14, 2010
- Young to old overnight - generational leaps back on TV - Jun 29, 2010
- Balika Vadhu: Will Anandi Be Able To Get Over Her Pain? - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: adult actors, anandi, avinash, bhatia, child actors, child literacy, eyes talk, fulcrum, imitations, ishita, jagdish, jai shri krishna, kamat, kamath, little krishna, panchal, sparsh, sri krishna, subhash, twosome