Justin Timberlake’s tequila brand to hit shelves soonApril 30th, 2009 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
New York, April 30 (ANI): Pop singer Justin Timberlake’s new line of tequila called 901 is set to hit liquor store shelves.
Timberlake’s new tequila passed the sip test among some New York tequila aficionados with very discerning tastes.
They found themselves giving the drink high marks.
“It’s actually a really nice product. It has a nice richness to it, a full-body mouth feel, a nice finish,” the New York Daily News quoted Dave Kaplan, owner of East Village speakeasy-style bar Death & Co, as saying.
Head bartender Brian Miller said. “I gotta admit, I’m a little surprised. I get some vanilla [notes] … I like that.”
The spirit - named for the area code in the singer’s hometown of Memphis - is crafted from an old, non-Timberlake family recipe using 100 percent blue agave from Jalisco, Mexico.
Kaplan said that those details are a mark of quality that lands this 40-dollar tequila somewhere on the spectrum between the upscale brands Herradura and El Tesoro. (ANI)
- Get high on a trip to tequila haven - Feb 06, 2011
- Rival in feni's backyard - an Indian tequila - May 01, 2011
- Justin Timberlake to unveil new tequila brand - Mar 19, 2009
- Justin Timberlake turn director for tequila TV ad - Jul 22, 2010
- Mexican tequila mogul dies - Mar 22, 2012
- Tequila is causing major environmental problems in Mexico - Feb 04, 2011
- When Gaga made Timberlake feel old - Aug 05, 2011
- I'm pretty frugal: Timberlake - Sep 05, 2011
- Michelle Williams battling flu - Dec 29, 2011
- Mexican tequila production rises in 2010 - Jan 21, 2011
- Tila Tequila denies making sex tape deal - Aug 06, 2010
- Timberlake to sell NY pad before wedding - Aug 24, 2012
- Justin Timberlake campaigning hard for Oscar nomination - Nov 28, 2010
- Amanda Seyfried's 'nude phone interview' with Justin Timberlake - Feb 21, 2011
- Justin Timberlake not dating, says representative - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: blue agave, brian miller, dave kaplan, discerning tastes, family recipe, head bartender, herradura, jalisco mexico, justin timberlake, liquor store, new york daily news, nice finish, pop singer, richness, speakeasy, store shelves, style bar, tequila aficionados, timberlake family, york daily news