Justin Timberlake campaigning hard for Oscar nominationNovember 28th, 2010 - 3:08 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 28 (ANI): Justin Timberlake is working in high gear to get nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category in Oscars for his role in the ‘The Social Network’.
A source close to Timberlake, 29, who’s currently filming sci-fi thriller ‘Now’ in Los Angeles with Amanda Seyfried, said that the singer is leaving no stones unturned to get nominated.
“He’s hell-bent on getting a nomination this year even though he has tough competition from his co-star Andrew Garfield,” the New York Post quoted the source as saying.
“Sony is footing the bill for advertising the awards campaign, but Justin is also doing things his own way, including attending Academy screenings on his own and privately reaching out to award winners and Academy darlings Tom Hanks and Kevin Spacey for campaigning advice,” the source added.
Timberlake faces competition not only from Garfield but also from Geoffrey Rush, who has played a speech therapist in ‘The King’s Speech,’ and Christian Bale, who stars as the trainer to boxer Micky Ward (played by Mark Wahlberg) in ‘The Fighter’, which opens Dec. 17.
Timberlake’s reps declined to comment, but another source confirmed, “He’s doing everything to support ‘Social Network’.” (ANI)
- Timberlake to campaign for Oscar nomination - Nov 29, 2010
- Christian Bale wins fight for best supporting actor Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
- Colin Firth And Natalie Portman Won The 2011 Screen Actors’ Guild Awards (SAG) - Jan 31, 2011
- Mark Wahlberg not bitter about missing out on best actor Oscar nod - Jan 27, 2011
- 'The Social Network' bags Golden Globe for best film - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' dominates Oscar nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- Mark Wahlberg planning 'The Fighter' sequel - Mar 16, 2011
- David Fincher wins BAFTA for 'The Social Network' - Feb 14, 2011
- Oscar-nominated 'The Fighter' to hit Indian screens Feb 25 - Feb 01, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads Oscar race with 12 nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Oscar Nominations 2011 Lead by 'King's Speech' With 12 Nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- "The King's Speech" Reigns At The Producers Guild Of America Awards - Jan 24, 2011
- Rosario Dawson and Angie Harmon announced the 2011 SAG nominations - Dec 17, 2010
- Fincher wins best director for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Mark Zuckerberg to appear on 'Saturday Night Live'? - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: actor category, amanda seyfried, award winners, best supporting actor, boxer, christian bale, co star, darlings, garfield, geoffrey rush, hell, justin timberlake, kevin spacey, mark wahlberg, new york post, oscar nomination, oscars, sci fi thriller, speech therapist, tom hanks