Justin Bieber’s meeting with Israeli PM called offApril 14th, 2011 - 7:40 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Jerusalem, April 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Justin Bieber has expressed his frustration with being drawn into “politics” by the Israeli government. The singer is in the country and tweeted that the country’s press and government are frustrating him.
The row has to do with a proposed meeting between Bieber and the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu. Both sides claim that the meeting was scheduled by the other party. The meeting which was scheduled to come off on Wednesday evening never happened due to differences in who should be at the meeting.
The Israeli PM wanted to bring children who have been injured by Palestinian rockets to the meeting but Bieber and his team objected to that request. With the difference not resolved, the meeting was called off.
Bieber’s other frustration has to do with the press and the paparazzi in Israel. In one tweet, Bieber threatened to spend the rest of the week in his hotel because of the press.
Bieber is scheduled to have an open-air concert in Tel Aviv on the evening of Thursday. Bieber is on a worldwide tour and he intends to go on sightseeing in Israel.
- Netanyahu calls off meeting with Bieber over refusal to meet children - Apr 13, 2011
- Israel lauds its anti-rocket system - Mar 12, 2012
- Netanyahu calls for stepped up settlement construction - Nov 02, 2011
- Krishna leaves for Israel, Palestine Sunday - Jan 06, 2012
- Israel will hit anyone planning to attack its citizens: PM - Mar 11, 2012
- Israel fears more rocket attacks - Mar 27, 2012
- Israeli PM's father passes away - Apr 30, 2012
- 'Peace accord with Palestinians more urgent for Israel than Iran attack' - Sep 11, 2012
- Israel criticises Palestinian president's UN speech - Sep 24, 2011
- Netanyahu calls for early polls in Israel - May 07, 2012
- Israel exploring new ways to supply goods to Gaza - Jun 04, 2010
- Krishna to boost ties with Middle East, Israel - Jan 07, 2012
- Majority of Israelis dissatisfied with Netanyahu - Aug 02, 2012
- Madonna fans oppose bombing Iran before Israel gig - Feb 10, 2012
- Israel under 'international assault of hypocrisy': Netanyahu - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: april 14, benjamin netanyahu, frustration, israel, israeli government, israeli prime minister, jerusalem, justin bieber, open air concert, paparazzi, prime minister benjamin, rest of the week, rockets, sightseeing, tel aviv, tweet, wednesday evening, worldwide tour