Justin Bieber’s Australian concert canceled due to stampedeApril 26th, 2010 - 11:21 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sydney, Apr 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Justin Bieber’s concert in Sydney has been canceled because of a stampede by his fans. According to reports, thousands of his fans were waiting for Justin to appear at the Sydney Harbor on Monday. They had camped there overnight, so that in the morning they could catch a glimpse of the pop sensation. However a stampede broke out, when suddenly some fans started screaming and wanted to go near the concert location.
The 5000 plus crowd of his fans managed to break down all the security barriers, that the police and the event organizers had set up. Finally the event organizers and the police were forced to cancel the concert. Around 10 girls were also injured in the stampede.
The 16 years old pop sensation Justin Bieber was on an Australia tour in order to promote his album ‘My World 2.0’.
Recently the star had said that he was quite embarrassed by his magazine cover photograph. He had said that his photograph that appeared on the cover of People magazine was quite unflattering. The 16 years old singer Justin vented out his frustration on the popular social networking and microblogging site Twitter. He tweeted that, “Dear People mag… next time I laugh real crazy, warn me u r (sic) still taking pics… still appreciate u but let’s get on the same page. I look crazy as heck on the cover but if u can’t laugh at yourself u ain’t havin fun (sic).”
- Justin Bieber embarrassed by his magazine cover photograph - Apr 12, 2010
- Justin Bieber Discontent About Magazine Cover - Apr 11, 2010
- Justin Bieber attends the White House Correspondents' Dinner with his 'crush' Kim Kardashian - May 03, 2010
- Angry Bieber fans attack Spalding's online profile after Grammy upset - Feb 14, 2011
- Bieber warns fans to stay away from him - Oct 14, 2011
- We've got Bieber fever, says Middleton family - May 30, 2011
- Justin Bieber sells out US gigs In 30 seconds - Jun 04, 2012
- Bieber followers on Twitter reach 10 mn - Jun 01, 2011
- 'Nervous' Bieber gets a boost on tour from Usher - Jun 26, 2010
- Justin Bieber Fans Cause Stampede-Again - Apr 26, 2010
- Bieber collaborates with Taylor Swift - Sep 01, 2011
- Bieber sings in Mexico for free - Jun 13, 2012
- Bieber to play charity gig for college kids - Jun 08, 2011
- Justin Bieber performs gig despite being ill - Aug 06, 2010
- Bieber reveals his new tattoo - May 26, 2011
Tags: australia tour, concert location, crowd, frustration, girls, glimpse, havin fun, heck, justin bieber, organizers, people mag, people magazine, photograph, pop sensation, security barriers, social networking, sydney harbor