‘Just Dance’ winner wants to become the best dancerOctober 2nd, 2011 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 2 (IANS) He is 18 and has not taken formal dance training but Ankan Sen received his moment of fame when he won Star Plus’ “Just Dance”. The youngster now aims to become the “best dancer ever”.
“It feels like I am still dreaming and I really don’t want to get out of it. It’s simply a great feeling and an even more flattering thing was that I got a chance to shake a leg with my idol Hrithik Roshan on the same stage,” Ankan, who hails from Kolkata, told IANS on the phone from Mumbai.
Ankan Saturday beat Mumbai boy Karan Khanna and Delhi-based Surjeet Bansal, both 24, to walk away with the winner’s trophy, a Rs.1 crore cash award and a Maruti Suzuki Swift.
So what does he plan to do with the money?
“I want to buy a laptop, I want to learn international dance forms and perfect my style. I would dedicate myself completely to dance and make it big in this art. I want to be known as the best dancer ever. I also plan to conduct my own workshops,” Ankan says.
Ankan has been enthralling TV viewers as well as the judges of the show with his contemporary and hip hop dance moves, as a result of which judges Hrithik, Vaibhavi Merchant and Farah Khan nicknamed him the “Wonder Boy”.
Dance has become a part of his life but Ankan says: “My parents were never in favour of me taking it up as a profession. They were not very happy when I told them about my audition in ‘Just Dance’, but now their perception has changed towards dance and they completely support me now.”
Ankan credits Bollywood ‘god of dance’ Hrithik for whatever he has learned.
“Hrithik Roshan has been my biggest inspiration. I used to look at his videos and learn steps. I also saw videos of Ganesh Hedge to practise the steps,” says Ankan, who dropped out of school after class 10 to learn dance.
“Today if anybody asks me where did I learn dance from I would say ‘Just Dance’. Before coming to the show I didn’t know much about dance. On this platform I got a chance to learn almost all forms of dance,” he adds.
“I used to feel nervous before the performance but once I would go on stage and see Hrithik sir, Vaibhavi mam and Farah mam in front of me, all my nervousness used to vanish. I just thought I have to give my best,” he states.
- Happy to be considered dance symbol: Hrithik - Jun 13, 2011
- Ankan Sen's 'Just Dance' to victory - Oct 02, 2011
- I want to be like Hrithik Roshan: 'DID Li'l Masters 2' winner (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Hrithik perfects himself for TV role (Movie Snippets) - May 23, 2011
- I don't enjoy doing films: Terence Lewis - Jan 16, 2012
- Hrithik shoots 'Just Dance' at Madame Tussauds - May 03, 2011
- I liked Hrithik as actor, dancer in 'Kites': Hollywood director - Jun 29, 2012
- Woo Hrithik with your dance steps on 'Just Dance' (With Image) - Feb 16, 2011
- Shammi Kapoor is the god of dance: Hrithik Roshan - Feb 17, 2011
- Aishwarya dances like a dream: 'Slumdog' choreographer - Oct 29, 2010
- Don't call dance frivolous, says guru Shiamak Davar - Jul 07, 2012
- Bollywood choreographers and their weighty issues (With Images) - Jan 22, 2012
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Bollywood dance is weird: Sandip Soparrkar - May 07, 2010
- Madhuri is like lady Michael Jackson: Remo D'Souza - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, dance forms, dance training, dancer, farah khan, formal dance, god of dance, hip hop dance, hip hop dance moves, hrithik roshan, international dance, karan khanna, maruti suzuki swift, moment of fame, mumbai, rs 1, suzuki swift, tv viewers, vaibhavi merchant, youngster