Julianne Moore to play mom in ‘Carrie’May 16th, 2012 - 8:32 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 16 (IANS) Actress Julianne Moore has officially been signed to play a crazy mother in an upcoming remake of the 1976 horror classic “Carrie”.
“Twin Peaks” actress Piper Laurie played the mum in the acclaimed original. Actress Chloe Grace Moretz will play the lead role, which was originally portrayed by Sissy Spacek, reports dailystar.co.uk.
The film was originally adapted from Stephen King’s chilling book of the same name.
The remake is to be directed by Kimberly Peirce and is set for March 2013 release.
- Drew Barrymore to direct music video - Jun 22, 2011
- 'Let Me In' Star Chloe Grace Moretz Not Allowed to Watch Horror Movies - Oct 04, 2010
- Moore signs film post medical treatment - May 22, 2012
- Martin Scorsese treats everyone as equal: Moretz - Apr 30, 2012
- Chloe is MaxMara's face of the future - Feb 27, 2012
- Blake Lively to star in 'Hick' - Feb 19, 2011
- Bening keen to reprise lesbian role - Dec 20, 2010
- Moore to be honoured at Rome film festival - Oct 08, 2010
- Holly Hunter, Sissy Spacek And Susan Sarandon On "Oprah Winfrey Show" - Feb 01, 2011
- Duffy gets raunchy in new film - Sep 15, 2010
- No childhood lost for Chloe Moretz - Nov 29, 2011
- Moore writes parenting book - Mar 27, 2012
- Mandy Moore still amazed by Elton John video appearance - Apr 22, 2011
- Mariah Carey's twins to star in mom's video - Nov 23, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson 'to play Vince Vaughn's lover in 'Old St. Louis' - Aug 07, 2010