Julianne Moore honoured for her philanthrophy workFebruary 8th, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 8 (ANI): Julianne Moore was honoured at a star-studded ceremony in New York on Saturday night for her philanthropy work.
Bosses of the Human Rights Campaign handed the actress a trophy at the Big Apple gala to mark her campaigning work.
The Kids Are All Right star serves as ambassador for Save the Children programs in the U.S., and is involved with the TS Alliance to raise awareness of tuberous sclerosis, reports the Daily Star.
She is also a longtime supporter of same-sex marriage.
Taking to her Twitter.com page during the ceremony, she told fans, “I am at the HRC event tonight in NYC - sitting with my husband and Mark Ruffalo - human rights and marriage equality for everybody.” (ANI)
- Julianne Moore honoured for philanthropy work - Feb 08, 2011
- Theron to be honoured at Palm Springs film fest - Dec 23, 2011
- Barbara Bush Speaks About Same Sex Marriage - Feb 02, 2011
- 'The Kids Are All Right' is best musical-comedy film - Jan 17, 2011
- Julianne Moore shocked by graphic sex scenes in new movie - Jul 10, 2010
- Mendes, Biel and Weisz launch directorial debuts - Oct 28, 2010
- Hundreds of gay, lesbian couples say "I do" in New York (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson in talks with Hollywood bosses over 'Black Widow' - Sep 24, 2010
- Elton John raises 1.3 mn pounds for AIDS - Oct 29, 2011
- Julianne Moore supports same-sex parenting - Nov 01, 2010
- Julianne moore billboard banned - Aug 31, 2010
- Nicole Richie Ties The Knot With Rocker Beau Joel Madden - Dec 13, 2010
- Halle Berry to be honoured at style awards - Jan 21, 2011
- Metallica loving Dimple enters Lok Sabha in style - Jun 09, 2012
- Moore's raunchy ad banned in Venice - Aug 31, 2010
Tags: actress, ambassador, apple, campaigning, daily star, human rights campaign, julianne moore, london feb, longtime supporter, mark ruffalo, marriage, marriage equality, philanthropy work, same sex marriage, saturday night, trophy