Julia Roberts goes curse-free at benefit for Paul Newman campsJune 10th, 2009 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
New York, June 10 (ANI): Julia Roberts kept her speech curse-free as she returned to Lincoln Center at benefit for Paul Newman camps.
The last time the actress was at the center, she paid a heartfelt tribute to her pal Tom Hanks - including some F-jibes - at an event there honouring the actor.
But the Pretty Woman star kept it clean as she took to the podium after performing a kicky “Chorus Line”-esque dance routine with campers.
The stunner revealed she called Newman’s widow, Joanne Woodward earlier and asked if she wanted her to mention anything specific in her speech.
“Joanne said, ‘I’d like you to tell my favorite story about the first time you were a counselor” at Hole in the Wall Camps,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
Roberts obliged, explaining that 13 years ago, one of the campers recognized her and called home to say, “Mom, you’re never going to believe who our counselor is: It’s Tinkerbell!” (ANI)
- Julia Roberts' honours pal Tom Hanks with F-letter fusillade! - Apr 29, 2009
- Dating site believes that couple who look-alike find perfect love - Mar 25, 2011
- Newman's widow 'devastated' over claims of hubby's affair - May 31, 2009
- Paul Newman's widow to host star-studded gala for kids camp charity - May 06, 2009
- Carrie Underwood credits strong faith, Christian upbringing for her success - Apr 09, 2011
- Paris Hilton to visit Mumbai from Sep 24 - Sep 07, 2011
- Paul Newman's widow upset over his shameful biography - May 01, 2009
- Will Natalie Portman fall victim to legendary Oscar's curse? - Feb 25, 2011
- Paul Newman ''Was My Hero'', says Julia Roberts - Sep 29, 2008
- Grace Woodward Calls It Off With Matt Cardle - Dec 06, 2010
- Summer Camp To Cater To Atheists and Agnostics - Jul 02, 2010
- Ricky Gervais Teases Celebrities At Golden Globe Awards 2011 - Jan 17, 2011
- Why is Julia Roberts a perfect party girl? - Jun 19, 2011
- Paris Hilton to visit Mumbai - Sep 06, 2011
- Royal family lucky to have Kate as daughter-in-law, says Prince Charles - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: 13 years, campers, chorus line, counselor, dance routine, heartfelt tribute, hole in the wall, hole in the wall camps, joanne woodward, julia roberts, last time, lincoln center, new york daily news, paul newman, podium, pretty woman, stunner, tom hanks, woman star, york daily news