Judge wants to review Michael Jackson medical recordsMarch 23rd, 2011 - 7:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, Mar 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor ruled on Tuesday that he would review medical records from Michael Jackson’s dermatologists before he would hand it over to the defense team.
The defense team needs the documents to be able convince the court that the singer was already addicted to a powerful painkiller before he died. The files from Dr. Arnold Klein cover the last nine months of the singer. Michael Jackson’s final preparation for the ‘This Is It’ concert is also expected to be in the files.
The defense team is arguing that Michael Jackson was already addicted to the powerful painkiller Damerol. They contend that Klein frequently injected the singer with the painkiller and they theorize that Michael Jackson was suffering from withdrawal effect of the drug when he died.
A motion filed by Dr. Conrad Murray’s lawyers read, “Due to Dr. Klein’s actions, Mr. Jackson became physiologically and psychologically dependent on Demerol. Dr. Murray’s right to this information in the criminal case greatly outweighs any privilege or privacy rights asserted by Dr. Klein pertaining to the records of Mr. Jackson who is now deceased.”
Dr. Murray has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following allegations that he gave the singer a lethal dose of the strong anesthetic propofol. The jury selection for Murray’s case is expected to begin on Thursday.
- Conrad Murray Trial: Photos of dead Michael Jackson shown to court - Oct 12, 2011
- Michael Jackson doctor's trial begins - Sep 27, 2011
- Trial of Michael Jackson's physician put off - Oct 18, 2011
- Joe Jackson files lawsuit against MJ's physician for wrongful death - Jun 28, 2010
- MJ Death Trial: Cardiologist alleges that Conrad Murray hid important information - Oct 04, 2011
- Michael Jackson: Events Leading To His Death Recounted By The Detective - Jan 11, 2011
- Doctor admits he gave powerful anaesthetic before Jackson died - Oct 08, 2011
- Tito: Murray should be jailed for life - Nov 10, 2011
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Judge to consider new lawyer for Jackson's doctor - Feb 25, 2011
- 'MJ's doc delayed calling 911 to conceal drugs' - Mar 23, 2010
- Conrad Murray trial enters its second week - Oct 03, 2011
- Today is Michael Jackson's birthday - Aug 29, 2011
- Dr. Conrad Murray points the finger at Dr. Arnold Klein in MJ's death - Sep 16, 2010
- Dr. Conrad Murray faces manslaughter hearing - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: anesthetic, angeles superior court, arnold klein, criminal case, dr arnold, dr conrad, dr klein, dr murray, involuntary manslaughter, judge michael, jury selection, lethal dose, los angeles superior court, medical records, michael jackson, news los angeles, nine months, painkiller, singer michael jackson, superior court judge