Judge sentences Lindsay Lohan to 3 months in jailJuly 7th, 2010 - 9:52 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, July 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actress Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to three months in jail. The judge ordered this harsh sentence on the actress, after she found out that the actress had violated the terms of her 2007 probation.
She has also been asked to undergo a rehabilitation program as well, in addition to the jail sentence. When Lohan came to know about the jail sentence, then she was inconsolable and burst into tears.
The Superior Court judge Marsha Revel wasn’t amused that the actress had not turned up at least 7 classes of her alcohol treatment classes since December 2009. Even though the Hollywood star tendered an apology, but the judge wasn’t convinced at all.
Lohan said in her tearful apology about missing the classes that, “I did do everything I was told to do and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up. It wasn’t vacation, it wasn’t some sort of a joke.”
However Superior Court judge Marsha Revel found that Lohan’s apology was very insincere and she also compared it to “somebody who cheats and thinks it isn’t cheating if she doesn’t get caught”.
The only silver lining was that after the order the actress wasn’t taken into custody. She has been asked to surrender on the 20th of July.
- Lindsay Lohan And The Jail Sentence - Jul 07, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan taken into custody to begin her 90-day sentence - Jul 20, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan Sentenced To 90 Days In Jail, Rehabilitation - Jul 07, 2010
- Lindsay Sick? - Jul 17, 2010
- LiLo gets 90 days in jail for probation violation - Jul 07, 2010
- Arrest warrant against Lindsay Lohan recalled - May 21, 2010
- LiLo's arrest warrant recalled - Jun 09, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan gets 90 days in jail (Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 07, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan's Jail Woes - Jul 10, 2010
- OK! pays Lohan $1 mn for first post-prison interview - Aug 19, 2010
- US judge who sent LiLo behind bars replaced - Aug 12, 2010
- Warrant Of Detention For Lindsay Lohan Recalled By The American Judge - May 21, 2010
- Mystery looms over LiLo's sobriety at MTV Awards - Jun 19, 2010
- Lindsay Lohan handcuffed and sent to jail - Jul 21, 2010
- LiLo spends first night at rehab before her 90-day sentence - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: actress lindsay, alcohol treatment, apology, harsh sentence, hollywood, hollywood star, jail sentence, jobs, joke, judge sentences, lindsay lohan, marsha, probation, rehabilitation program, revel, silver lining, superior court judge, three months