Judge reduces charges against Anna Nicole’s ex beauSeptember 30th, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 30 (IANS) The judge in late model Anna Nicole Smith’s drug conspiracy trial has reduced the charges against her former boyfriend Howard K. Stern.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Robert J. Perry, who earlier this week accused prosecutors of excessively charging the case because a celebrity death was involved, Wednesday discarded two charges against Stern of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit.
The judge also dismissed part of a conspiracy count against Stern and Sandeep Kapoor, one of the two physicians on trial, saying there wasn’t enough proof that the men conspired to obtain controlled drugs through fraud and deceit.
Judge Perry allowed the rest of the conspiracy charge to stand and said the majority of the 11-count complaint can go to the jury for a decision.
The case returns to court Monday for closing arguments in the trial of Stern, Kapoor and Smith’s psychiatrist Khristine Eroshevich, who prescribed many of the drugs found in Smith’s body after her death in 2007 at age 39.
- Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith's aides - Jan 07, 2011
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Anna Nicole Smith's doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Two guilty on some counts in Anna Nicole Smith drug case - Oct 29, 2010
- Prosecutors Recommend No Prison For Anna Nicole Smith's Associates - Jan 06, 2011
- LA Judge Rejects Defense Motion Against Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Howard K. Stern Found Guilty Of Contributing To Anna Nicole Smith’s Murder - Oct 30, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor Denied By Judge - Jul 07, 2010
- Jury Questioning Begins Today On Anna Nicole Smith Case - Aug 02, 2010
- Doctor of Anna Nicole Smith Loses Dismissal Hearing - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith criminal case to begin Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Questioning Of The Jury Starts In Anna Nicole Smith's Trial - Aug 02, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Boyfriend Found Guilty For Her Death - Oct 29, 2010
- Larry Birkhead does not think Howard will be found guilty - Aug 24, 2010
- Doctors, boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith go on trial - Aug 05, 2010
Tags: angeles superior court, anna nicole s, anna nicole smith, celebrity death, closing arguments, conspiracy charge, conspiracy trial, controlled drugs, count complaint, deceit, drug conspiracy, howard k stern, judge robert, khristine eroshevich, late model, los angeles superior court, psychiatrist, sandeep kapoor, superior court judge, york sep