Judge dismisses drugs-related charges against Anna Nicole Smith’s aidesJanuary 7th, 2011 - 3:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 7 (ANI): A judge hearing the late Anna Nicole Smith’s case has dismissed drug conspiracy charges against her boyfriend and psychiatrist.
A jury in October found Howard Stern and Dr Khristine Eroshevich guilty of conspiring to obtain prescription drugs for the former Playboy model by fraud.
Los Angeles judge Robert Perry ruled at a sentencing hearing he did not believe she was an addict under anti-drug laws.
Smith died in 2007 at 39 from a prescription drug overdose. The pair was not charged in her death.
“The court has no doubt that abuse of prescription medications is a troubling problem for many persons,” the BBC quoted Judge Perry as saying in his ruling.
“There is no doubt that there are doctors who are nothing more than pill pushers and should be prosecuted and imprisoned. This case did not involve such doctors,” he said.
He also found that although Stern had used his own name and others to obtain painkillers for Smith, he did so to protect her privacy.
Dr Eroshevich had also been convicted of obtaining Vicodin by fraud in October, but Judge Perry reduced that conviction to a misdemeanor.
Smith’s former doctor, Dr Sandeep Kapoor, was acquitted of all charges against him in October. (ANI)
- Anna Nicole Smith's Indian-origin doc cleared of all charges - Oct 29, 2010
- Prosecutors Recommend No Prison For Anna Nicole Smith's Associates - Jan 06, 2011
- Two guilty on some counts in Anna Nicole Smith drug case - Oct 29, 2010
- Judge reduces charges against Anna Nicole's ex beau - Sep 30, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Boyfriend Found Guilty For Her Death - Oct 29, 2010
- LA Judge Rejects Defense Motion Against Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's Doctor Denied By Judge - Jul 07, 2010
- Judge refuses to dismiss charges against Anna Nicole Smith's doctor - Jul 07, 2010
- Howard K. Stern Found Guilty Of Contributing To Anna Nicole Smith’s Murder - Oct 30, 2010
- Doctor of Anna Nicole Smith Loses Dismissal Hearing - Jul 07, 2010
- Anna Nicole Smith's ex beau, doctors to go on trial - Oct 31, 2009
- Anna Nicole Smith criminal case to begin Wednesday - Aug 03, 2010
- Jury Questioning Begins Today On Anna Nicole Smith Case - Aug 02, 2010
- Doctors, boyfriend of Anna Nicole Smith go on trial - Aug 05, 2010
- Jury questioning begins in the Anna Nicole Smith case - Aug 02, 2010
Tags: anna nicole smith, doctor dr, dr eroshevich, dr sandeep kapoor, drug conspiracy charges, drug overdose, howard stern, jan 7, judge robert, khristine, london jan, misdemeanor, no doubt, painkillers, playboy model, prescription drug, prescription drugs, prescription medications, psychiatrist, sentencing hearing