Jude Law says he can’t trust peopleMay 30th, 2009 - 5:00 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 30 (ANI): Jude Law has confessed that he finds it difficult to trust people and can sympathise with Hamlet-the Shakespeare character he is portraying in a new London theatre production.
The British actor has claimed that he’s been let down by a lot of people, and finds it hard to trust people because of the way he has been treated.
Law has three children, Rafferty, 12, Iris, eight and six-year-old Rudy, with ex-wife Sadie Frost.
“We’ve just been rehearsing the scene when Hamlet meets Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, and it’s all about defining who you can and can’t trust,” Contactmusic quoted Jude as saying of Hamlet-the tragic character he is portraying in a new London theatre production.
He added: “I’m a lot more cynical now than I was. I used to have optimism and the belief that people would usually do the right thing, and that has been somewhat tainted by experience, which I think mirrors Hamlet’s journey. He’s let down by people.”
The 36-year-old star has confessed that initially he was sceptical about taking on the legendary role of Hamlet, but found the courage to accept the opportunity.
Jude said: “It’s a part I have always wanted to play. I admire and love the play, and have seen many productions of it. And I needed to think about doing it soon because of my age. I’m not 22 any more. Every job is a little daunting. This is a little more daunting than the others. But when you stop and consider the beauty and brilliance of the play, it’s a no-brainer. It’s like, God, I’ve been asked - I’m going to do it.” (ANI)
- Law obsessed with manicures - May 08, 2012
- Not enough good scripts to go around: Tom Stoppard - Jan 22, 2012
- Jude Law's bearded look scared his kids - Sep 11, 2012
- Law in shock after split - Feb 12, 2011
- Cole's swipe at Chelsea, says he joined the biggest club in England - Jul 22, 2010
- All's well between Sadie Frost, Sienna Miller - Oct 07, 2010
- Jude Law seeks comfort in ex-wife - Feb 11, 2011
- Jude Law happy to be back with Sienna Miller - May 06, 2010
- Serena Williams to launch range of nail polish - Mar 29, 2011
- Jude Law wants to focus on fatherhood role - Jan 27, 2010
- Aamir Khan unveils Mahindra's two motorbikes in Mumbai - Oct 01, 2010
- Actor Gulshan Devaiah on negative streak! - Aug 29, 2011
- Pitch will be ready for Wednesday's Twenty20: ANZ Stadium curator - Jan 30, 2012
- Jude Law to return to London stage - Jan 15, 2011
- Carrey out of 'Dumb and Dumber' sequel - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: belief that, brainer, brilliance, british actor, courage, do the right thing, god, hamlet, iris, journey, jude law, new london theatre, old star, optimism, rafferty, rudy, sadie frost, shakespeare, shakespeare character, tragic character