Jude Law returning to London stageJanuary 15th, 2011 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 15 (ANI): Jude Law will return to the West End stage this year (11), appearing in a new production of Eugene O’Neill’s play Anna Christie.
The Sherlock Holmes star won critical acclaim for his previous stint in London’s West End, starring in a 2009 production of Hamlet.
It later transferred to Broadway and won Law a Tony Award nomination, reports the Daily Express.
The actor has now agreed to tackle the Anna Christie role as a tribute to theatre mogul Michael Grandage.
In December (11), Grandage will step down from his role as artistic director of the Donmar Warehouse, the theatre company that presented Law’s Hamlet in London.
Law’s stint will run from August (11) to October (11). (ANI)
- Jude Law to return to London stage - Jan 15, 2011
- Sherlock Holmes Actor Jude Law Set To Return To stage In London - Jan 15, 2011
- Jude Law, Rachel Weisz bag top honours at Critics' Circle awards - Jan 27, 2010
- Jude Law returns to Broadway - Sep 06, 2011
- Jude Law's "spine-tingling" performance turns Hamlet into Broadway hit - Nov 05, 2009
- Sherlock Holmes sequel a 'Bromance' - Nov 17, 2011
- Pregnant Kate Hudson spotted in see-through dress for theatre night out - May 02, 2011
- Jackman breaks theatre records - Nov 02, 2011
- Noomi Rapace's wardrobe trouble - Oct 31, 2011
- Jude Law splashes out thousands of dollars on anti-ageing products - Apr 26, 2010
- Kevin Spacey honored at theatre awards for reviving London''s Old Vic - Nov 25, 2008
- Rachel happy after revisiting her role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2' - May 18, 2011
- Jude Law becomes patron of National Youth Music Theatre - Jul 28, 2010
- Acting is like being Sherlock: Jude Law - Dec 16, 2011
- Douglas to receive Monte Cristo Award - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: artistic director, august 11, broadway, christie, critical acclaim, daily express, donmar warehouse, eugene o neill, hamlet, jude law, london jan, london law, london stage, mogul, october 11, sherlock holmes, stint, tony award nomination, west end, year 11