Jude Law prefers buying classic itemsMay 5th, 2012 - 9:01 am ICT by IANS
London, May 5 (IANS) Actor Jude Law is a wise shopper, who likes to invest in classic items that last long and can even be passed on to his kids.
“I love the idea of durability, that you can buy a classic, beautifully-made suit or leather bag that will last for years,” contactmusic.com quoted the 39-year-old Law as saying.
“I like to keep things that I know I can pass on to my children. I’ve still got the tuxedo I wore to my first ever Oscars ceremony so I can give it to my son,” he added.
Law says he underwent a complete wardrobe makeover and even grew a moustache for his role in the “Sherlock Holmes” movies.
He sported facial hair for his role as Dr. John Watson in the movie, and admits his different look did not suit his regular wardrobe. So, he tried out several different outfits.
“My style changes with roles. Having a moustache and sideburns as Watson in the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ films forced me to try new clothes. Jeans and a leather jacket didn’t look so good anymore, so I bought a corduroy jacket and big snuggly jumpers. Suddenly, they looked cool,” he said.
- Matt Damon Wears False Sideburns In True Grit - Dec 28, 2010
- 'Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows' predictable, but witty and intelligent (IANS Movie Review) - Dec 30, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Acting is like being Sherlock: Jude Law - Dec 16, 2011
- A twirl, a shine...moustache magic in Bollywood - Mar 31, 2011
- Kate Moss' bad clothes days - May 09, 2012
- It's stylish dhotis for Arjun Khanna at Men's Week - Sep 03, 2011
- Sherlock Holmes returns - from Nepal - Jun 18, 2010
- Sherlock Holmes sequel a 'Bromance' - Nov 17, 2011
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Turn on unisex fashion this winter - Nov 24, 2011
- Jude Law "happy" to play reinvented Dr Watson in 'Sherlock Holmes' - Dec 24, 2009
- Rachel happy after revisiting her role in 'Sherlock Holmes 2' - May 18, 2011
- Sudesh Berry returns with negative role (With Image) - Feb 16, 2011
- I loved suit Gangwani made for me: Jay Leno (With Image) - May 30, 2012
Tags: actor jude law, clothes, corduroy jacket, dr john, durability, facial hair, jeans, john watson, jude law, leather bag, leather jacket, moustache, oscars, sherlock holmes films, sideburns, snuggly, style changes, tuxedo, wardrobe makeover, wise shopper