Jude Law cleared in paparazzi assault caseNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:05 am ICT by admin
The photog suffered minor injuries after the ‘Alfie’ star tried to grab his camera.
However, the same day the Brit star was released on bail to return for questioning in October.
Now, a police spokeswoman has also confirmed that no charges would be filed against Law.
“No further action will be taken and he will not be required to return on bail,’ E! Online quoted her, as telling People magazine.
Law’s legal team has maintained all along that the actor was not at fault in the encounter.
Law said that after examining the case carefully the Scotland Yard has told him that no further questioning is required.
“The police have told me that they and the [Crown Prosecution Service] have examined the photographer’s allegation extremely carefully and made the decision that there is no further action to be taken,” Law said.
“Of course, I am delighted to be vindicated,” he added. (ANI)
- Jude Law not to face action over 'female snapper assault' - Sep 16, 2009
- Sienna Miller-Jude Law: To Get Hitched In Hippy Style With Flower In Hair - Jan 11, 2011
- Jude Law settles dispute over Sadie Frost's tell-all - Jul 08, 2010
- Phone hacking cases against News Corp to be filed in US courts - Apr 12, 2012
- Jude Law, Sienna Miller 'move in together' - Dec 19, 2010
- Kate Moss sparks outrage by calling her hometown 'rough' - Dec 04, 2010
- Meet David Hasselhoff's new ladylove - May 22, 2010
- Miller wants hippy wedding with Law - Jan 11, 2011
- Travolta in legal trouble over alleged gay encounters - Jun 23, 2012
- Mel Gibson puts Costa Rica estate up for sale - Dec 22, 2010
- Sadie Frost's tell-all tome won't reveal Jude Law secrets - May 04, 2010
- Jude Law 'fumes over ex wife's tell all book' - Mar 29, 2010
- Jude Law slams media for persecuting him - Nov 14, 2007
- Jude Law 'not responsible for Sienna Miller split' - Feb 11, 2011
- Approach trial court for bail: Apex court to Andhra official - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: alfie star, allegation, assault case, bail, brit, carefully, crown prosecution service, grab, jude law, maida vale, paparazzi, people magazine, photog, police spokeswoman, scotland yard, suffered minor injuries, west london