Journalist Alfred D’Cruz deadJune 16th, 2012 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 15 (IANS) Veteran journalist, historian and author, Alfred D’Cruz passed away recently at his residence in Mumbai after a brief illness, a close associate said Friday. He was 91.
D’Cruz retired as Times of India’s chief sub-editor after nearly 40 years of service.
He had also worked for Sunday Observer and Kuwait Times.
With late Prof. Patrocino de Souza, he wrote a book “Focus on a picturesque Goan village”.
D’Cruz was known for his forte for historical research and published the Times supplement “Metamorphosis and Makers of Bombay”.
- 'Save Goa' campaign attracts 9,000 at British Goan fest - Jul 24, 2012
- 10 percent of news paid for: Nihal Singh - Jul 04, 2012
- Woman jumps off mall's fourth floor - Jul 29, 2010
- Brokering News: Documentary highlights the dark side of news - Nov 19, 2011
- Ranbir to watch Messi in action in Kolkata - Aug 20, 2011
- Ileana turns taxi driver in new film (With Image) - Jun 30, 2012
- Bangalore doctors to operate an infant born with four legs - Jul 08, 2010
- Mario Miranda was a quintessential Goan: Shyam Benegal - Dec 11, 2011
- 'Barfee' not a serious film, says Ranbir - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Barfi!' producer gets Murphy Radio's notice - Sep 13, 2012
- Bangladesh apex court jails journalist-politician - Aug 19, 2010
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- 'Barfi!' gets U-certificate, Anurag Basu excited - Sep 02, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor sings a song for 'Barfi' - Sep 10, 2012
- Mumbai's monuments can boost fort tourism - Mar 11, 2011