Josh Brolin apologizes for calling Russell Crowe ”a-hole”January 8th, 2009 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 8 (ANI): Hollywood actor Josh Brolin has apologized for his expletive-filled comments he made about ”Gladiator” star Russell Crowe at the New York Film Critics Awards.
The 40-year-old actor has blamed his alcohol intake and the “ambiance” of the ceremony for what he said while receiving a gong for Best Supporting Actor in Milk.
Brolin called his “American Gangster” co-star Russell Crowe an “a-hole”, after Sean Penn introduced him.
“Quite the actor, that Sean Penn. He’’s not an a**hole like Russell Crowe,” he said.
In an interview to HollyScoop.com, he admitted that he’’s ashamed of his behaviour at the awards dinner.
“It was the ambiance of the room. I love him (Crowe). I think he’’s amazing. He’’s a friend. I was bummed out when I saw that,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
The actor had also launched an attack on newspaper theatre critic Ben Brantley, who panned his 2000 Broadway performance in Sam Shepard’’s True West.
He told the stunned crowd, “I”ve had the gamut of reviews over the past few years, the worst being from Ben Brantley (of The New York Times).
“The critics of NYC have written incredible reviews… except for Ben Brantley’’s. F**k you, Ben. God, I hate that motherf**ker! And I don”t think he’’s a good writer.” (ANI)
- Josh Brolin calls Russell Crowe an a-hole at New York Film Critics Awards dinner - Jan 07, 2009
- Madonna throws cake on manager's face - Apr 07, 2012
- Brolin in talks for 'Crazy for the Storm' - Aug 23, 2012
- Robin Williams wants to star in next 'Batman' movie - Jul 01, 2010
- Courtney Love defends Russell Brands raunchy remarks at VMAs - Sep 10, 2008
- Radcliffe's musical receives mixed response - Mar 29, 2011
- John Brantley to miss crucial game because of injury - Oct 03, 2011
- Russell Crowe confirmed for 'Noah' - Apr 24, 2012
- Matt Damon blasts journos - Sep 15, 2009
- Russell Crowe joins cast of theatre epic 'Ben Hur' - Jul 27, 2010
- Russell Crowe to direct biopic on Bill Hicks - Jul 24, 2012
- Jennifer Aniston rejected by 'Cougar Town' star Josh Hopkins? - Sep 30, 2010
- Brad Pitt's 'The Tree Of Life' booed at Cannes - May 18, 2011
- Russell Brand files for divorce from Katy Perry - Dec 31, 2011
- Sam Worthington was advised by Russell Crowe on how to handle fame - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: alcohol intake, american gangster, best supporting actor, broadway performance, expletive, film critics awards, gladiator star, hollywood actor, josh brolin, new york film, new york film critics, new york film critics awards, new york times, russell crowe, sam shepard, sean penn, star russell crowe, stunned crowd, theatre critic, true west