Jordan to host own polo event after last year’s ‘too chavvy’ snub

June 21st, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI  

London, June 21 (ANI): Jordan is drawing plans to host her own polo tournament after she was reportedly banned from attending the highlight of the polo season last year for being “too chavvy”.

The glamour model spit fire over the “pure snobbery” of the organisers of the Cartier International last year after they reportedly told her manager that she was “not the sort of person they wanted” at the Guards Polo Club.

The keen horsewoman, who hopes to clinch Olympic gold by competing for in both the dressage and show jumping, said she was looking to break the fixed “elite” image of the sport.

“I would really like to shatter the image of polo as an elitist sport,” The Telegraph quoted her as saying.

“It does take an enormous amount of skill and courage to ride a polo pony in a competitive match, but it should be open to everyone to enjoy a great day like this, as well as raise a lot of money for charity,” she added.

The 31-year-old, who is presently locked in a bitter divorce battle with estranged hubby Peter Andre, will be the patron of the Duke of Essex Polo Trophy. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |

Subscribe