Jordan may land in jail over nude sunbathing in MaldivesMay 18th, 2009 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 18 (ANI): Katie Price a.k.a Jordan faces the prospects of being jailed after the busty model was caught sunbathing in Maldives - naked.
The 30-year-old broke strict Muslim laws by shedding her clothes to soak up the sun - a crime that can land tourists in jail, reports the Mirror.
Foreign Office travel advice warns: “Nudism and topless sunbathing are prohibited throughout the Maldives including on resort islands. The Maldives is a Muslim country and serious violations of law may lead to a prison sentence.”
And an angry local fisherman said: “This woman’s behaviour is unacceptable.
“If she comes to a Muslim country she should respect Islamic laws and customs,” he added.
The glamour flew to the five star Conrad Resort and Spa on Rengali island after her acrimonious split from husband Peter Andre. (ANI)
- List of 10 best places to get naked in 2011 revealed - Feb 11, 2011
- Jordan goes on wild 10-hour bender after public rejection from Andre - Dec 05, 2009
- Being nude: Nothing unnatural about it (Feature) - Oct 23, 2011
- Jordan still wears ex Peter Andre's wedding ring, but as bangle - Jul 16, 2010
- Behind 'coup': Islamist politics rages in sun-kissed Maldives - Feb 13, 2012
- Islamist politics rages in sun-kissed Maldives, India worried (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Danish politician calls for topless women videos to scare away extremists - Dec 16, 2010
- 'Troubling' topless sunbather sparks Italian debate - Aug 12, 2010
- Alex Reid 'wants Jordan to buy him a posh city flat' - Jan 29, 2011
- Jordan still listens to her ex Peter Andre's music - Aug 21, 2010
- Katie Price puts reminders of Peter Andre marriage on eBay - May 06, 2010
- Katie Price 'begging toyboy Leandro Penna to marry her' - Mar 18, 2011
- Katie Price keen to do cameo in biopic - Mar 22, 2010
- Ultimate honeymoon destination - underwater suite in Maldives - Aug 29, 2010
- Indonesian man claims cow seduced him for sex! - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: busty model, conrad resort, customs, fisherman, five star, foreign office travel advice, glamour, islamic laws, katie price, maldives, muslim country, nude sunbathing, nudism, office travel, prison sentence, prospects, resort and spa, resort islands, topless sunbathing, tourists