Jon Hamm says ‘he is too old to play Superman’September 20th, 2010 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 20 (ANI): ‘Mad Men’ star Jon Hamm has laughed off rumours that he would be starring as Superman in the superhero’s next movie - because he’s too old to play the Man of Steel.
Christopher Nolan, director of ‘The Dark Night’ is preparing to produce another instalment in the blockbuster franchise, and rumours were rife that Hamm was being asked to take over the role.
But the actor insisted he hasn’t been approached by movie bosses - and at 39, he’s just too old to play the part, reports the Daily Express.
“I certainly haven’t been informed of that. They might want to run that by me. I don’t know, I think unless Superman’s power was the power of being really old… I maybe aged out of that competition,” he said. (ANI)
- Mad Men star Jon Hamm is on a press tour to promote his new movie - 'The Tour' - Sep 19, 2010
- Snyder to direct new 'Superman' movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Natalie Portman blasts 'Superman' and 'Batman' rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- Radcliffe to play doctor in TV drama - May 02, 2012
- Jon Hamm worked in porn industry - Feb 21, 2012
- Portman slams superhero rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Mad Men' should end : Jon Hamm - Jun 14, 2011
- British Actor Henry Cavill Lands Role In "Superman: Man of Steel" - Feb 01, 2011
- Jon Hamm to direct the premiere of 'Mad Men' Season 5 - May 27, 2011
- Knightley, Portman, Hathaway battling it out to join new Batman cast - Nov 12, 2010
- Clint Eastwood declined James Bond - Sep 10, 2010
- Kevin Costner in 'Superman' reboot - Mar 19, 2011
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
- Mad Men star Jon Hamm confesses that he struggled with depression - Sep 23, 2010