Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora inducted into Songwriters Hall of FameJune 20th, 2009 - 2:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 20 (ANI): Rockstars Jon Bon Jovi and Ritchie Sambora have been inducted into the US Songwriters Hall of Fame.
The gala, which celebrated 40 years of inductions, was held last night in New York.
Hugely overwhelmed by the recognition, Jon Bon Jovi said: “It’s the closest thing to immortality that we’re ever going to see here,” The BBC reports.
The two band members also joined hand to play their all time classic, ‘Wanted Dead or Alive’.
Crosby, Stills and Nash were felicitated with similar award, while Jason Mraz received the award for the most promising talent.
Welsh singer Sir Tom Jones also performed at the event. (ANI)
- Bon Jovi was in school marching band - Nov 15, 2009
- Elton John raises 1.3 mn pounds for AIDS - Oct 29, 2011
- Richie Sambora And Heather Locklear's Daughter Ava Sambora Wows The Audience - Oct 20, 2010
- Why Jon Bon Jovi dumped Diane Lane - Sep 15, 2010
- Richie Sambora, Denise Richards back together - Nov 05, 2011
- Bon Jovi takes the No.1 Soundscan debut with The Circle - Nov 30, 2009
- Outrage over Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame commences - Oct 01, 2010
- Sambora quits Bon Jovi tour to enter rehab - Apr 30, 2011
- Bon Jovi's Performance Subdued By Rihanna In Madrid - Nov 08, 2010
- Sir Tom Jones to be honoured for outstanding music contribution - Jun 02, 2010
- Jon Bon Jovi performs despite knee injury - Jun 20, 2011
- Cher loves men with great sense of humour - Dec 18, 2010
- Bon Jovi, LL Cool J Among Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Picks - Sep 30, 2010
- Bon Jovi, Cooper nominated for Hall of Fame - Sep 29, 2010
- Bon Jovi opens homeless shelter - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: band members, bbc, bon jovi, closest thing, crosby stills and nash, hall of fame, immortality, inductions, jason mraz, jon bon jovi, london, promising talent, richie sambora, ritchie sambora, rockstars, sir tom, songwriters hall of fame, time classic, tom jones, welsh singer