Jon Bon Jovi appointed to White House Council for Community SolutionsDecember 15th, 2010 - 6:25 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 15 (ANI): Singer Jon Bon Jovi has been appointed to the White House Council for Community Solutions.
President Barack Obama signed an executive order on December 14, and the 48-year-old singer was named as one of the members.
“The Council will provide advice to the President on the best ways to mobilize citizens, nonprofits, businesses and government to work more effectively together to solve specific community needs,” the Politico quoted the release as stating.
“These impressive men and women have dedicated their lives and careers to civic engagement and social innovation,” Obama said.
“I commend them for their outstanding contributions to their communities, and I am confident that they will serve the American people well in their new roles on the White House Council for Community Solutions.
“I look forward to working with them in the months and years ahead,” he added.
The White House has outlined three functions the Council is tasked with:
1. Enlisting leaders in the non-profit, private, and philanthropic sectors to make progress on key policy goals.
2. Providing strategic input and recommendations to help the federal government promote greater innovation and cross-sector collaboration.
3. Honouring and highlighting those making a significant impact in their own communities.
The bio of Bon Jovi provided by the White House highlights his work as chairman of the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation, “a non-profit organization dedicated to helping the lives of those in need”.
“To date, Mr. Bon Jovi and the Soul Foundation have provided affordable housing to hundreds of low-income individuals and families,” it stated. (ANI)
- Jon Bon Jovi: Still Rules The Chart But Has To Deal With Orders From Record Company - Dec 22, 2010
- Indian-American businessman joins Georgia Senate race - Jun 18, 2012
- Bon Jovi opens homeless shelter - Apr 20, 2011
- Bon Jovi won't judge 'American Idol' - Jul 20, 2012
- Jon Bon Jovi performs despite knee injury - Jun 20, 2011
- Bon Jovi and Halle Berry to Star as Lovers in New Film - Jan 26, 2011
- Lyrics of Bon Jovi's 'Work For The Working Man' track hanging on White House walls - Nov 08, 2009
- Bon Jovi opens charity restaurant - Oct 20, 2011
- Elton John raises 1.3 mn pounds for AIDS - Oct 29, 2011
- Acting not appealing any more to Jon Bon Jovi - Dec 11, 2010
- Jlo wants Bon Jovi to succeed her - Jul 18, 2012
- Bon Jovi keeps playing after injuring calf muscle onstage - Jul 13, 2010
- Rihanna surprises at Bon Jovi's show - Nov 09, 2010
- Bon Jovi axes manager Jack Rovner - Jun 21, 2010
- Jon Bon Jovi doesn't find acting 'appealing' any more - Dec 11, 2010
Tags: affordable housing, barack obama, bon jovi, citizens, civic engagement, collaboration, community solutions, executive order, federal government, income individuals, jon bon jovi, men and women, non profit organization, policy goals, sectors, significant impact, social innovation, soul foundation, specific community, white house