Jolie’s political work is not some ego trip: Mariane PearlNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:20 am ICT by admin
“Celebrities are doing the work that journalists are not. We can’t afford to be cynical about that,” Radar quoted her, as saying a Glamour bash to toast her book In Search of Hope in NYC Thursday.
“Can you really strike out against Angie and Bono?” she added.
“Sure, there’s an opinion backlash. People think they are doing it for some sort of ego trip. But the people who are expressing that opinion? What are they doing?”
Also leaping to Jolie’s defence at a different function was fashion designer Marc Bouwer
Bouwer was at the La Dolce Vita New York charity event and auction when he praised the actress’ humanitarian work.
“I think her humanitarian position has just changed the way actresses and people in the industry think about what they can actually do … to help the world,” he said. (ANI)
- Jolie's spiritual help for wedding date - Jun 10, 2012
- Moore to be honoured at Rome film festival - Oct 08, 2010
- Wilkinson urges Johansson to stop making ads - Feb 22, 2012
- Anderson bares all for 11th Playboy cover - Oct 21, 2010
- Jon Voight calls Time Magazine as 'Anti Semitic' - Sep 16, 2010
- I am very goofy: Angelina Jolie - Jul 24, 2010
- Refugees improved Jolie's parenting skills - Oct 05, 2011
- Jolie a 'self-centered psycho', claims ex-bodyguard - Apr 01, 2010
- Pregnant Jessica Alba has fun snacking in Big Apple - Mar 07, 2011
- When Aniston received letter from Jolie - Sep 24, 2010
- 50 years on Italy's 'La Dolce Vita is just a distant memory' - Nov 06, 2010
- 'Dolce Vita' diva Ekberg appeals for help - Dec 23, 2011
- Monica Bellucci, new face of Dolce & Gabbana make-up - Feb 18, 2012
- Angie Harmon confesses that she suffers from mommy guilt - Jun 10, 2011
- Bono makes Zeta-Jones nervous - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: actress, actresses, angie, backlash, bono, charity event, cynical, ego trip, fashion designer, glamour, humanitarian work, journalist daniel pearl, journalists, la dolce vita, marc bouwer, mariane pearl, political work, toast, york charity