Jolie wants to follow footsteps of Audrey HepburnJune 21st, 2009 - 2:10 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 21 (IANS) Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie says she wants to follow in the footsteps of late British actress and humanitarian Audrey Hepburn.
The “Tomb Raider” actress, who is raising six children with superstar partner Brad Pitt, admits that she hopes to someday be able to help as many people as the “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” star, reports China Daily.
“I’m lucky to be in this,” Jolie said, referring to her role as a UN Goodwill Ambassador. “I’m sure Audrey Hepburn felt the same.”
Hepburn, who died in 1993, spent almost 40 years championing the cause of impoverished children across the globe. In 1992, she was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for her work and like Jolie was also a UN Goodwill Ambassador.
“She was the fortunate one to be able to meet all those kids around the world. You know, we’re just in a very fortunate situation that we get to be able to give a voice to these extraordinary people,” said Jolie.
“There’s been refugees since the dawn of time,” she added.
- Angelina Jolie wants to be like Audrey Hepburn - Jun 20, 2009
- Is Angelina Jolie A Mixture Of Elizabeth Taylor And Audrey Hepburn? - Dec 04, 2010
- Jolie turned into comic book heroine - Nov 20, 2010
- Jolie meets refugees in South America - Jun 20, 2010
- Angelina Jolie to adopt child from Haiti - Jun 21, 2010
- Angelina Jolie visits Syrian refugees in Turkey - Sep 14, 2012
- I don't give lecture to my kids: Jolie - Jan 11, 2012
- Jolie made charity work cool, says Mendes - Oct 06, 2010
- Angelina Jolie visits Tunisia-Libya border - Apr 06, 2011
- Jolie visits displaced kids in Haiti - Jun 23, 2010
- Brangelina meet refugees in Syria - Oct 03, 2009
- I am very goofy: Angelina Jolie - Jul 24, 2010
- Jolie not adopting fourth child - Feb 15, 2011
- Jolie not planning for more kids - Jun 05, 2011
- Angelina Jolie visits Haitian refugees in Dominican Republic - Feb 09, 2010
Tags: actress angelina jolie, angelina jolie, audrey hepburn, brad pitt, breakfast at tiffany, british actress, china daily, dawn of time, extraordinary people, footsteps, fortunate situation, globe, goodwill ambassador, hollywood actress, june 21, medal of freedom, presidential medal of freedom, refugees, those kids, tomb raider