Johnny Depp felt weird at the age of fiveMarch 13th, 2011 - 7:10 am ICT by IANS
London, March 13 (IANS) Actor Johnny Depp felt like a freak when he was growing up and used to think he was “weird” when he was five years old.
“When I was growing up I felt a complete freak. Very strange. I felt weird at five. At the age of 12 it was me against the world,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
“I remember locking myself in my bedroom and playing my guitar. It seemed like I was in there for two or three years.”
The 47-year-old actor now admits he has learned to accept himself since he found his love Vanessa 12 years ago, and says he views his life in two stages, before and after meeting the French singer-actress.
“The most important thing is that Vanessa has made me not have to pretend any more about who I am. I feel comfortable with myself. My life is divided in two. In the time before I met Vanessa, I was searching for something.”
“Since our time together I have found it. She keeps me calm. There were times when I was burning inside,” he added.
- Johnny Depp reveals life hasn't always been so easy - May 02, 2011
- Children brought happiness in Depp's life - May 09, 2012
- Depp turns saviour for Patti Smith - Jun 07, 2012
- Johnny Depp bans phones at home - Nov 28, 2010
- Don't push relationships: Paradis - Aug 17, 2012
- Depp wants normal day with kids - Nov 11, 2011
- Depp happy for Vanessa - Sep 03, 2012
- Depp bans phones at home - Nov 28, 2010
- Marriage doesn't seem necessary for us: Johnny Depp - May 24, 2011
- Depp, Paradis split because of Jolie - Feb 07, 2012
- Depp, Paradis part ways? - Jan 20, 2012
- Johnny Depp to direct a documentary on rocker Keith Richards - Apr 25, 2010
- Depp's daughter is a huge fan of Bieber - Apr 23, 2011
- Depp puzzled by sex symbol status - Mar 06, 2011
- Cooper offered tour ride to Depp - Aug 17, 2012