John Woo’s ‘Killer’ set for remake in L.A.November 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
Terence Chang, Woo’s longtime producer and partner at Lion Rock Prods., confirmed the news, and revealed that John H. Lee, a Korean-American and a CAA client will be helming the pic.
The movie will be set L.A.’s Koreatown, Chinatown and South Central.
“The actor has to be Korean in this version, but also, L.A. is a character in the film,” The Hollywood Reporter quoted Chang, as saying.
“In John’s original version, it doesn’t really matter where the film is set, except that Hong Kong has this dragon boat festival which adds a bit of local flavor. In this remake, we will use the geography of L.A. to move the story forward,” he added.
Director Lee revealed that he was looking forward to starting work on the project especially as ‘The Killer’ is one of his “favorite films of all time.”
“I ask myself why they chose me and whether I can top it. But then I realize it’s not about making it better. It’s about making my own version. My strength is dealing with human emotions, austerity and elegance,” he said.
A script is being worked on but Lee said it is too early to reveal other details. (ANI)
- 'Let the Bullets Fly' to smash box office record for Chinese films - Jan 22, 2011
- Chow Yun-Fat to play Confucius in biopic - Mar 19, 2009
- Jackie Chan among least trustworthy Hong Kong people - Mar 01, 2010
- Film fest celebrating Indo-China relations begins - May 18, 2010
- Bruce Lee's Dragon co-star passes away at 96 - Jun 06, 2009
- Colin Firth in 'Oldboy' remake? - Nov 15, 2011
- Mexican film fest begins Monday in Hong Kong - May 02, 2011
- India Open: Sourabh, Sai Dutt lose in quarters to end home challenge - Apr 29, 2011
- 'Shanghai' lacks U.S. release date - Aug 14, 2009
- Hong Kong returns pregnant woman to Beijing - May 04, 2012
- Saina in second round of Malaysia Open Grand Prix - May 04, 2011
- Olympic badminton: South Koreans take men's doubles bronze - Aug 05, 2012
- Fat substitutes in snacks may trigger weight gain - Jun 23, 2011
- Gade in India Open Super Series final - Apr 30, 2011
- Chong Wei-Peter Gade final at India Open Super series (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: austerity, caa, chinatown, chow yun fat, director lee, dragon boat festival, favorite films, hollywood reporter, human emotions, john woo, korean american, korean star, koreatown, lion rock, longtime producer, original version, terence chang