John Travolta tried to resuscitate son when he saw him lifeless on floorJanuary 4th, 2009 - 4:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 4 (ANI): John Travolta had administered CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) an emergency medical procedure on his son, who had been found dead at the actor’’s vacation home in the Old Bahama Bay resort community.
Jett, 16, who had a history of seizures arising from the rare condition Kawasaki Disease, had been found unconscious in the bathroom on January 2 by caretaker Jeff Katharain.
A hotel manager had been first to arrive on the scene, and along with Katharain, had tried to get the teenagers heart going with CPR.
The 54-year-old grieving father had come in shortly and from then on taken over, reports FoxNews.
Michael McDermott, the actors corporate and commercial attorney, told TMZ, John for a “substantial period of time was performing CPR and continued that until EMT came and took over.
The teenager had been taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead, Police Superintendent Basil Rahming said in a statement.
It is yet to be determined if Jett fell to the floor as a result of a seizure or if he had a seizure after falling or slipping.
Obie Wilchcombe, a parliament member and former tourism minister in the Bahamas said two specialists would perform autopsy on Jetts body on January 5 to determine the cause of his death. (ANI)
- John Travolta says he did everything he could to keep Jett alive - Jan 05, 2009
- Autopsy on John Travolta''s son planned in Bahamas - Jan 04, 2009
- Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta listed as a witness in extortion trial - Jan 28, 2009
- Bahamas Police gets hold of tapes in Travoltas PS18m extortion attempt - Jan 26, 2009
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Bahamas detains suspects in attempted Travolta extortion - Jan 24, 2009
- Travolta friend accused in ''extortion plot'' insists innocence - Jan 26, 2009
- Travoltas late son not victim of cult, say scientologists - Jan 07, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta''s son suffered from ''extremely serious'' seizures for years, says attorney - Jan 05, 2009
Tags: bahama bay resort, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, caretaker, commercial attorney, hotel manager, jett, john travolta, kawasaki disease, medical procedure, michael mcdermott, obie, old bahama bay, old bahama bay resort, parliament member, police superintendent, rahming, rare condition, substantial period, tmz, tourism minister